Second Choice Not Met by eBay

Hi eBay,

After bidding for some orchids at a recent auction from a reliable seller, who I have dealt with over some years, I lost on a bid for a particular orchid. The seller offered me a second chance, that I agreed to about 2 hours prior to the expiry time. 

Now, the seller does not have record of this second chance offer being agreed to and, as a result, this offer is not passed onto me.  I am most dissatisfied with eBay for not fulfilling this side of the bargain.

This is not the only gripe that I have with eBay - I have bid at an auction in the past and my bid has not appeared in the record of bidding at the end of the auction.

The the high fees that eBay attracts to its business, one would think on both issues that eBay would get it right with its systems/software, as it is the client that meets the final bill at the end of the day.

Regards,

Peter Scott.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@ingescott wrote:

Hi eBay,

After bidding for some orchids at a recent auction from a reliable seller, who I have dealt with over some years, I lost on a bid for a particular orchid. The seller offered me a second chance, that I agreed to about 2 hours prior to the expiry time. 

Did you pay for the Second Chance Offer when you accepted it?  That is the usual way to do it.

Now, the seller does not have record of this second chance offer being agreed to and, as a result, this offer is not passed onto me.  I am most dissatisfied with eBay for not fulfilling this side of the bargain.

What has ebay got to do with it?   SCOs come from the seller, not ebay.

The seller can send out multiple SCOs and if you left it till the last minute to accept it the seller could have already sold all the items that were available.

This is not the only gripe that I have with eBay - I have bid at an auction in the past and my bid has not appeared in the record of bidding at the end of the auction.

Did you bid at the last few mintues of the auction?  Maybe it was too late to register

Did you come to the boards for advice.....there was a time when there was a glitch with auctions ending earlier than they should have done.

The the high fees that eBay attracts to its business, one would think on both issues that eBay would get it right with its systems/software, as it is the client that meets the final bill at the end of the day

So far you have not shown any proof that ebay is at fault in any of these scenarios.  Sellers are ebay's clients but it is the buyer who meets the final bill if the seller prices their items correctly.

Regards,

Peter Scott.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

What has ebay got to do with it?   SCOs come from the seller, not ebay.

The seller can send out multiple SCOs and if you left it till the last minute to accept it the seller could have already sold all the items that were available.

I really wish you wouldn't give advice on things you know nothing about.

Sellers can only send out second/third/fourth chance offers if they have enough items to cover every offer they send.  If they don't have them available they risk a defect for items not being in stock.  If a seller sends out a second and third chance offer it's not a case of first in best dressed.  Every person who gets an offer is able to buy the item offered to them.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply