Seller had an item for sale that was already bought and didn't update the listing.

alexpani58
Community Member

I bought a PC from a seller who didn't update the listing (it had already been sold). Thankfully he cancelled the order and has requested a refund to me. Do I have to do anything on my end to get the refund? The transaction was by card and not Paypal. Would I have to wait for a few business days? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller had an item for sale that was already bought and didn't update the listing.

I'm not sure what you mean "he has requested a refund to me".

When a seller cancels/refunds, it is an automated process. Seller does not need to make any special request.

Does the transaction say it has been cancelled/refunded on your side?

Depending on the card and your bank, it can take several business days to get back to you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

A refund should go back to the funding source. There will probably be a couple of days delay. If you haven't got your money back in a week I would start making waves.

Ultimately, if you don't receive the money back before the estimated delivery date, you can open an Item Not Received case. At that time the seller has to prove delivery or eBay will refund you and debit the seller. And give them a strike.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I'm not sure what you mean "he has requested a refund to me".

When a seller cancels/refunds, it is an automated process. Seller does not need to make any special request.

Does the transaction say it has been cancelled/refunded on your side?

Depending on the card and your bank, it can take several business days to get back to you.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Sorry for the confusion yes the order says cancelled on my side and awaiting my refund feedback. I will have to wait a few days for it to get into the account. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply