Seller is currently away - for all items I add to cart?

hold64
Community Member

Have a strange issue this morning, for everything I try to add my to my cart, I get the message "An item you selected wasn't added to your cart because the seller is on holiday. If you wish to purchase this item, please contact the seller and ask to be notified when they return."

At first I thought it was legit, so I tried to find the item with another seller and got the same message, then I tried some totally unrelated products from other sellers and every time I try to add something to my cart I get the same seller is currently away message? I figure I cant be that unlucky there must be an issue somewhere?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Sounds like a computer or site glitch.

Try clearing cookies n temp internet files and also clear browsing history on your browser.

Then restart computer.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I have the same problem with every item i try adding to the cart, it says person on holidays ?? really weird !!

have you found out the problem yet ?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

It is extremely unlikely that your issue is related to the one TWO YEARS ago.

Maybe the seller is on holidays.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

No never did fix the problem and I believe its still happening. The transaction still proceeds regardless so I just ignore the message now.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Exactly the same for me. 100% on vacation. EBay does nothing while buyers cannot access items and sellers are losing heaps of sales. Get your act together eBay!  

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

No use telling eBay on a thread from 2018

What do you expect eBay to do? force sellers to return from 'holiday' because you want to buy something right now

If sellers are away, sellers are away

It is up to them when they return

Not eBay

Not buyers 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

sellers can please themselves how they set up 'vacation mode'.....if you're not happy to wait, find another seller.

The last thing a seller needs is eBay telling us when we can go on holiday 😥

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply