eBay thinks I’m in US

I’ve only ever used eBay in Australia, but sometimes it thinks I’m in the US, such as when replying to messages from sellers/buyers. 

For example, if I login to ebay.com.au in a web browser on a laptop, go to Messages, open a message, then click reply, it takes me to ebay.com and requires me to login there. Time for messages is displayed in Pacific Daylight Time (I.e. the west coast of America). Some saved search emails show the prices in US$ and take me to the US eBay site if I click on Sell All Results. 

I’ve checked settings and nationality is set to Australia. My address is correctly showing as in Australia too. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay thinks I’m in US

When you joined eBay originally, did you join on .com.au or .com?

The top of your page says registered in Australia but near the bottom on the side in says United States

Seller Information

Feedback rating: 291
Positive Feedback: 100%
Member since 14-May-99 in United States
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

eBay thinks I’m in US

You could try clearing cache and cookies then rebooting your computer that often fixes glitches like this.

G'day Sandy.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

eBay thinks I’m in US

Thanks for the reply. I've tried this, but it hasn't fixed the issue.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

eBay thinks I’m in US

Thanks, this is helpful as it's something I hadn't considered. I joined a long time ago and can't remember which site I registered on, but given what you've pointed out I assume I must've done so on the US one. I did some research on this and looks like I have to phone eBay to change my country of registration according to this:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-My-Account-Q-A/Change-my-account-s-country-registration/qaq-p/...

That post is from 5 years ago, but it may still work like that. 

Thank you! 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

eBay thinks I’m in US

No worries , hopefully you'll be able to get it sorted 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply