Does anybody know anything about the new ebay rules of ebay withholding funds if an item has not bee

does anyone know of the new ebay rules that permit ebay to withhold funds if a buyer has not picked up an item. eg item is at the postal office yet to be delivered or picked up. The tracking number and shippment info can be provided for said item.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Does anybody know anything about the new ebay rules of ebay withholding funds if an item has not bee

PayPal's policy - 

Typically, you can access these payments in 21 days or even sooner if you follow good shipping practices. To help get your funds faster, please note the following:

• If you provide tracking information and we can confirm delivery, your payment should be available 3 days after delivery.
  • If you donโ€™t upload tracking, but mark the item as shipped in โ€˜My eBayโ€™, your payment should be available 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date.
  • If you fulfill the order, but donโ€™t provide any shipping information, your payment should be available after 21 days, as long as your buyer doesnโ€™t report a problem with the transaction.
image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Paypal's Policy?

Paypal informed me it is an ebay policy.

Either way, its garbage.

As a seller, I quote the buyer an amount to cover the postage. With the new policy I have two options - 

a. wait 21 days for the funds to be available, transfer them to my bank account and THEN mail the item. (essentially this means the buyer waits 3 weeks before their item will be mailed)

b. pay for the postage myself and be out of pocket until those funds have cleared (in my experience so far that can take up to 21 days even after adding tracking information)

If I sell 3 items in a week thats roughly $30 in postage costs that I am out of pocket for up to 21 days. If I sold 3 items the following week, thats roughly $60 out of pocket for 14 days. 

So, it is either an inconvenience to the buyer, to the seller, or to paypal (for having to field 100's of calls each week to have the funds released as a 'courtesy'.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Here is the link you use to fill out a complaint to Australias FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service)

https://forms.fos.org.au/OnlineDispute

Fill it out, buyers and sellers, it affects us both!!

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Because of this ridicuculous rule I'm avoiding PayPal at all costs. I have to send the item, provide a tracking number, hope the item gets delivered, wait up to 3 days for Paypal to "release" my money and then wait a further 2 days for the money to get transferred into my bank account? No thanks. I'm not a criminal and I resent being treated like one.

i sold a mobile phone for $325 and refunded the money to the buyer rather than go through this bull**bleep**.

This is the last straw for me...

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply