Free listing this weekend

Received an email saying that I would receive free listings this weekend.

But I dont see the message in my eBay messages. Or anywhere else in eBay.

Is this a genuine eBay message?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I received the same on another ID which has never been upgraded to a Seller status.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Don't click on any links in the email and if it's not in ebay messages, chances are it's a phishing email trying to get info.

You can report it to spoof@ebay.com.au then delete it.

image host
Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Received an email saying that I would receive free listings this weekend.

But I dont see the message in my eBay messages. Or anywhere else in eBay.

Is this a genuine eBay message?

I doubt it.  Hope you did not click on anything in that message; if it was for this ID it is quite obvious that you get your 30 (soon to go up to 40) free listings a month anyway.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

I didn't click on any of the links, but the thing is they look genuine.

They take the form of mail.ebay.com.au/etc

You say I get 30 free listings a month anyway. I didn't know that. Is that for everybody (including Australian eBay)?

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

I didn't click on any of the links, but the thing is they look genuine.

They take the form of mail.ebay.com.au/etc

You say I get 30 free listings a month anyway. I didn't know that. Is that for everybody (including Australian eBay)?

If you are a casual seller, not a power seller nor have an ebay store, then yes you qualify for 30 free listings per calender month,  so you only pay the FVF if the item sells.  the limit will be raised to 40 next month, but the FVF is also going up to 9.9%.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

I think I read on the eBay website that Store owners will have free insertion fees soon.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

jcb*2013
Community Member

whoop whoop My other Half got the message too !! Thanks for making me look !

So when does the free listing start and end?? That Link above says -start selling now?? Is it the weekend yet???

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

The promotion runs from 12.00am (EST) 27 April 2013 to 11:59pm (EST) 28 April 2013 ('Promotional Period').

image host
Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

jcb*2013
Community Member

Oh and one last question -lol -do you think the listing has to be done direct from ebay like last time?? Took her soooo long...

I wonder I this is going to be a regular thing as she was thinking of just opening a store now the fees are going to be reduced but if this keeps happening there may not be a need.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply