News Flash C&S B1 B2 Postage Price Increases Tomorrow 13 May 2014

mesonquark
Community Member

If I've got this right, my calculations seem to indicate that not only are we restricted from posting anything over 1 Kg in a B1 box, 3 Kg in a B2 box and 5 Kg in a B4 Box from the original 15 Kgs, we now have a bunch of "sneaked in" flat rate price increases to boot.

For those of you who might not have seen the "hidden" flat rate price increases announced by Australia Post on Saturday 10th May 2014, this is what's happening as of tomorrow I think:

A 500 satchel's flat rate will be going up from $7.20 to $8.00, a 12% increase.

A B1 box that was $7.15 to post now will be $13.10, a $5.95 rise or a whopping 83% increase.

A B2 box that was $11.70 will now be $15.40, a $3.70 rise, a 32% increase.

A B4 box that was $15.05 will now be $17.45, a $2.40 rise, which is a 16% increase.

There are more "hidden" price rises as of tomorrow in Clickandsend, but I've only listed those I believe apply to the eBay C&S component. eBay will then receive their unexpected bonus 6% to 10% on top of that so you'll all need to adjust your pricing as well as the GST, as that's on top of everything. 

It would be prudent for everyone to read the fine print on Saturday's C&S announcement links because I don't think many eBay sellers have, otherwise surely someone would have already posted something about these over-the-top price hikes.

This is price-gouging in the extreme. Something must be done but with less than 12 hours to go, it's unlikely to change.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Clip.jpg

See if that chart helps you any.

The C&S postage system dosen't have a B4 box anymore. They are available only through eBay's label printing system or the post office (assessed postage rate). And the weights have all dropped on each box rate.

eBay's labels will have the discounted rate until August 6th and then the 10% discount ends.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you for your response, but I think you'll find that all the eBay C&S prices will go up tomorrow exactly as I've stated.

Having spent nearly an hour on the blower it's been confirmed to me by eBay customer support and also Australia Post C&S. Whenever Australia Post C&S have a price increase, the exact same price increase will happen automatically in eBay, so sorry, everyone will know about this tomorrow when they go and start printing labels, whether on C&S direct or via eBay'sC&S system.

It seems that eBay sellers haven't been provided with an announcement yet and the impact & severity of this rort is still to come to light.

And by the way, that 10% promotion that ends in August is only for 500 gram satchels, not for any other prepaid product.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

As a general suggestion (and I understand that it doesn't suit everyone's business) I would suggest investigating an AP Business Account.

For example, I post satchels (my own) <500grams as eParcels for between $ 5.88 and $6.63 which includes signature on delivery, email tracking advice to the addressee and a copy of the signature (on demand to my email). The adhesive labels are supplied free (standard and Express) delivered to my door. They even phone me once a month to see how I'm going for labels and general office supplies - with a standard offer to consider price matching if I find a good offer somewhere else! I complete my own consignments and manifests online and deliver to th PO when I pick the kids up from school, although there is a pick-up service available (don't know at what cost).

I'm not a huge seller - around 500 parcels a year - but there is no penalty for not meeting the quota (which I think is 500 - it was 1000 per year when I opened my account but I've never reached that).

Marina.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for that info Marina, I'm waiting for AP to quote me eParcel rates at the moment. What are the prices like for >500g? That's the killer at the moment for me
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Most of my parcels (generally ski clothing) are around the 1kg mark and I post all over the country. Under 1kg, most of them go anywhere for between about $10-12, including SOD etc. And for example I posted a 2.8kg parcel today from Brisbane to country Qld for $12.89 - and the gear would not have gone anywhere near fitting in a 3kg satchel - the satchel I sent was bigger than a pillow case!

They also have some sort of scale where after you've sent one parcel to a particular postal zone, the next one is a bit cheaper.

To be honest, watching the discussions that I see about C & S, and whatever deal eBay have negotiated, my rates always seem cheaper (but I do understand that I don't speak for everyone!)

Cheers,

Marina.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Its not neccessarily as bad as you make out - B1 boxes for example

With Click and Send you used to enter the 00069 code for a B1 box and it cost you 7.15

The new system gives you three box size choices with small boxes up to 1kg costing $13.15. If however you choose "Own Package", enter the B1 dimensions and the weight is under 500g it only costs $7.20 - a 5c increase......

Ad astra per alia porci — To the stars on the wings of a pig
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I used to use the B1 box for items weighing more then 500 grams but that is now impossible as the postage cost

will be unviable,($13.15 for a B1 is ludicrous).

The box would fit into a 3kg pre-paid satchel at $13.40 with room to spare so it's pointless using them if you can

add a bit more.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@mesonquark wrote:

Thank you for your response, but I think you'll find that all the eBay C&S prices will go up tomorrow exactly as I've stated.

Having spent nearly an hour on the blower it's been confirmed to me by eBay customer support and also Australia Post C&S. Whenever Australia Post C&S have a price increase, the exact same price increase will happen automatically in eBay, so sorry, everyone will know about this tomorrow when they go and start printing labels, whether on C&S direct or via eBay'sC&S system.

It seems that eBay sellers haven't been provided with an announcement yet and the impact & severity of this rort is still to come to light.

And by the way, that 10% promotion that ends in August is only for 500 gram satchels, not for any other prepaid product.

Nope. $7.15 for a 500g satchel, as promised.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@mesonquark wrote:

Nope. $7.15 for a 500g satchel, as promised.

Just bought the label and $7.20 for a B1 box, used to be $7.15..

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply