Unrequested changes to password

For the second time in 9 days I have received an email from eBay about a request I supposedly made to reset my password, when I in fact made no such request. The first time, eBay sent me an email to confirm that my password had been reset. I didn`t know the new password because I hadn`t reset that password. I hadn`t even seen the emails on this first occasion until after my password had been reset.

I have scanned my computer for threats and infections and none have been found. There has been no unauthorised use of my eBay account.

These do not seem to be phishing emails and seem to be genuinely originating from eBay, but I have had no advice from my approach to Customer Support as to why this is happening. 

Has anyone else had this problem? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

it definitely sounds like your account has been hacked. Change your passwords asap.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

It sounds like someone is trying to hijack your account.

As said, change password and security questions.

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

The other option may be that someone who you know might have access to your password and changed it to see

if they could,(teens seem to do this a bit on FB so they might attempt it elsewhere?).

Keep an eye on it and report anything suspicious straight away.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

No one else has access to my computer or knows my passwords.

If anyone has hacked my account, why would the emails from eBay be coming to my email address? The hacker would have changed my email contact.

I believe that either eBay has been hacked and the hacker is content to just be a nuisance, or there is some glitch in eBay`s systems.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@blackbirdglen wrote:

If anyone has hacked my account, why would the emails from eBay be coming to my email address? The hacker would have changed my email contact.

I believe that either eBay has been hacked and the hacker is content to just be a nuisance, or there is some glitch in eBay`s systems.

That's the possible problem maybe?

Someone has/wanted to change their password and somehow it was directed to your account?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply