What happened to the 15% off till end of 31st Dec?...did ebay really just change the end date?

http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Buyer_coupons/celebrate2015

Was originally set to finish at 23:59 on the 31st...then ebay revised it backwards to 30th at 12pm?

is this a common thing for them to do?

Seems unbelieveably shonky

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What happened to the 15% off till end of 31st Dec?...did ebay really just change the end date?

So agree that's **bleep** I bought an item went to pay with discount code and gone not happy ebay that's wrong

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you read the Buying and Selling boards you will see plenty of threads about this.  No-one is happy about it.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

jgil5621
Community Member

Hi, I just got ccaught a few minutes ago in exactly the same way. I went ahead with the purchase,but I cannot tell you how furious I am about the whole scam. I certainly would never bother with any eBay "discounts" in the future. It is fraud to entice customers and then change the conditions without publicising the changes clearly and openly, rather than hiding them in the conditions.

I'm through with their promotions, they can keep them.

Angry Angry Angry

John

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Instead of getting angry get even.

There is information on the boards that if you ring ebay they will give you a credit into your paypal account of the 15% discount on your qualifying transaction.

By the way, don't just decide that you will ignore any other promotions.  In the last 3 or 4 months I have had hundreds of dollars worth of discounts from ebay and that was without using the offers to the maximum.

In 10 years on ebay I have never known them to end a promotion early before....it is certainly not normal.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

That's why I don't sell on ebay anymore these bunch make more business then the good old Mafia that I would rather trust with my money, there is more going on with ebayabout eBay then anything in the world !!!

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

any bad publicity that ebay gets they don't seem to follow it up, take this for example ...I 'll will say what ever I want too about those bay is worse then the Mafia..at least when they over you a deal .. you know they mean it. Now it's up to us do conplain, I tell over a dozen people a day about ebay nasty ways how they price fix, how they frauded American post or any other postal service by using Global Shipping.all they do is take the boxed content repack it into a lighter on and gharges you an extra $25 US

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
None of my parcels sent via the GSP have been repackaged lately. Probably saving money not employing people to do that now.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply