"Suggested items" are offensive!

You know when you log onto your home page it has "Suggested Items" for me that I might be interested in, for the past few weeks the items have all been REAL RABBIT FUR VESTS??? I find this totally disgusting and would never buy dead animal skin, I have never searched for "Real rabbit fur", I bought a cotton vest months ago  ebay stop suggesting rabbit fur to me please!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Julie, you are not contacting ebay here....we are volunteer members who answer questions.  We cannot change anything that is coming up in your suggestions.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

as if ebay are gonna give a **bleep** anyway.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I have spoken to eBay through the tell us what you think link, below, and live chat, to say how irrelevant/stupid most of the suggestions are. I asked them to make it optional...but of course they won't. It is truly annoying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I never even look at my Home Page.....I go straight to my Lists.

If you don't like it just ignore it.  It isn't difficult.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Lyn, your lists will be loading suggestions as well.

above purchase, there are suggested items. These are pics that load and often have little relation to any purchases or watched items.

the system takes one of these, and searches for "related" items to scroll through.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I know what it does Amber.

One day when I was bored I had a look at the suggested items...ebay thought I might like to buy things I was looking at nearly 8 years ago when I had a toddler granddaughter.

I also found that there were suggestions for items that I would never buy in a month of Sundays....because I had looked at them while helping on the boards.

I very quickly learned to ignore all of the ebay suggestions.

There is just no point in getting upset about it...just ignore it.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Well, I don't think I'll be looking at it much longer.

hardly buy anything here anymore...getting too expensive.

or too cheap...far too much of that nature to have to wade through.

eBay is a fading beauty, with lost allure, and little in the way of conversation; requiring more in the way of adornments and very soft lighting, to deflect a close inspection 😉

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply