I asked Ebay what new changes have damaged my sales...and they responded...

I just opened a chat with an Ebay representative and asked them "what changes have recently been made that has seen my sales drop by 95-100% this month?" I received the following response

Jean Su. "We have done nothing to destroy any seller's account. It is up to the buyers to buy items and some items are seasonal. Also, there are many sellers nowadays that the competition is very stiff."

....I then mentioned that the drop in sales happened instantly which is neither seasonal nor due to competition being "very stiff" and the response I received was ...dead silence... It appears that rather than tell the truth o a lie Ebay will just go silent and wait for you to go away. So after years of advertising and telling us all to build our own Ebay business and encouraging us to rely on it for our living this is the response we get when they decide we are no longer of any use. I would have some more to say but i have already received 4 warnings from the Ebay moderation team today for speaking out of line. I guess they will shortly send me another dozen or so.....because i know I have been speaking my mind a lot lately. Shame on me.

Message 1 of 157
Latest reply
156 REPLIES 156

Never expect much from Live/Dead Help. You can phone ebay but I don't know if you'll be better off.

TCT
Message 2 of 157
Latest reply

Honestly, I only asked them to see what response id get. the truth is when I have called Ebay customer Support inthe past I have generally received responses like "Huh?" "let me look into this." Then by searching the site i have been able to work out the answer before they get back on the line with an additional "huh?" They then generally proceed to make something up which is completely incorrect just to get you off the line. If this doesnt work you are "accidentally" disconected.

"Huh?"

Message 3 of 157
Latest reply

I think too often people are connected to a foreign call centre where staff don't know much or don't want to do their job properly.

TCT
Message 4 of 157
Latest reply

"what changes have recently been made that has seen my sales drop by 95-100% this month?"

Maybe if you worded your question in a way that demanded a direct answer you might have done better but as it stands it looks more like a statement than a question and a very wishy-washy one at that.

Message 5 of 157
Latest reply

Actually I was abbreviating.  But thanks for your informative if "wishy washy"opinion. My point is that Customer service will lie and then disconnect you if they dont like the question.

Message 6 of 157
Latest reply

Our sales have taken a sudden nosedive this last week........usually this is due to eBay making system changes & tinkering with the search function. It usually increases again after a couple of weeks ( cos that's how long it takes changes to be rolled out on their site). Makes it impossible to run a normal business though.

Message 7 of 157
Latest reply

Actually I was abbreviating.  But thanks for your informative if "wishy washy"opinion. My point is that Customer service will lie and then disconnect you if they dont like the question.

But there was no question that ebay could answer so what did you want answered?

(ie the non abbreviated version of your question.)

Message 8 of 157
Latest reply

As for CS - they are just a waste of space. They only know how to read from a given format for answering questions.

Message 9 of 157
Latest reply

1-once-was-bump  I have been looking at your posts. You seem to have a lot of nothing to say about a lot of things. Kind of a busy body know it all without an opinion other than to bag people out. Much to say about nothing! Give it a rest.

Message 10 of 157
Latest reply