Aramex Trouble

Hi, Im a seller in ebay and I dont post my item outside Australia, a buyer bought a phone from me I sent it to his address in Sydney. I didnt know that the address he put was an Aramex address or a reshipper. The buyer wants to reship it to Saudi Arabia. Now I tried my best to assist him we called Aramex and their costumer service is terrible. I tried everything to pay again (I paid to Auspost already) just to send it outside Australia but theres no options to their Aramex websites.

Now first of all as an honest seller I dont know what to do I called them and they said just go to fastway.com.au to process my package, I did but theres no luck.

Any suggestions guys? If the buyer ask for refund maybe or mostly the favor is to him, but how about me 😞
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Aramex Trouble

The buyer would need to make the arrangements with Aramex and you shouldn't get involved.

You have sent it to the address specified in PayPal and it has arrived.

There ends your part.

If the buyer cannot make the arrangements, then perhaps it is better the item is returned to you and you refund the buyer less postage costs.

But no refunds until you have the item back in the same condition when sent.. No exceptions.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The buyer would need to make the arrangements with Aramex and you shouldn't get involved.

You have sent it to the address specified in PayPal and it has arrived.

There ends your part.

If the buyer cannot make the arrangements, then perhaps it is better the item is returned to you and you refund the buyer less postage costs.

But no refunds until you have the item back in the same condition when sent.. No exceptions.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thats great to know thank you mate, thats what Im gonna tell the buyer. cheers! 🙂
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

sna-4293
Community Member

How about Australia adopts the global shipping program like the one of US eBay? It ain't hard. This would resolve all issues for customers outside AU who'd like to buy from you. Pitney Bowes GSP like US and UK eBay for Aussie sellers.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Hardly relevant to Australian sellers using Aramex for deliveries to Australian buyers, the subject of this thread.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Aramex accepts the job and then doesn’t deliver and doesn’t track the item and declares a problem to cover up the poor service. If they can’t deliver in time then don’t take the job . Eleven days for a job that takes a truck three days. Wake up EBay and use another carrier that can deliver. The service by Aramex is **bleep**.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

The choice of carrier is solely the responsibility of the seller, some of whom go for cheapest prices.

Nothing to do with eBay.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

The choice of carrier is solely the responsibility of the seller, some of whom go for cheapest prices.

Nothing to do with eBay.

Yes, especially with "free shipping".

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

My last four eBay items have been sent by Aramex.  Not one has arrived.

This is in spite of numerous emails, phone calls, visits to the depot and receipt of two texts advising that my item would be held at the depot.  In one instance alone nine emails and a phone call plus text plus depot visit were involved.

Sellers are keen for five star reviews, perhaps they should look at product reviews.com.au for Aramex.  Of the approximately 7000 reviews submitted 6400 give one star, less than 200 give five stars.

some sellers are even including the Auspost logo and free postage, then sending via Aramex, this is quite widespread.

I have now introduced my own “eBay policy”.   In the message to seller I advise that should they choose to use Aramex I will give them a one star rating…. Seems to work well.  No one star reviews given

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply