Basic Subscription Ebay Store requirements

gotto16
Community Member

Hi,

was considering opening up a basic ebay store but wasn't sure if you needed to officially register your business name (shop name) and have an abn attached to it for tax purposes. Given I'm not sure if a store will be successful for me or not, I don't want to have to invest money in registering a name if after a few months I see the store isnt doing well and would decide to close it. Do store owners here all have their names registered or do you simply need to pick a name that is available within ebay and start selling? 

Would be very grateful for any advice as it is the one mental block holding me back from taking the plunge and giving it a go!

Thank you very much for your time and help 🙂

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Basic Subscription Ebay Store requirements

You really need to be realistic here.....you have only sold 2 items in the last month.   That would not justify the cost of a store unless you are prepared to invest a lot of money with probably very little return.

Just because you list more does not necessarily mean you will sell more.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Hello eBay users,

Don't you think it wouldd be a great idea for eBay to create a physical store?

I beleive its a great dissadvantage that eBay is purely an online store.

If eBay were to create a physical store, they would be able to bring in far more sellers and buyers. 

The concept is: A walk in store where the seller can come in and bring what ever item they'd like to sell and give the store owner a price. From here, people would walk into the store and find what theyd like to purchace and the money spent on the item will then be reinverted to the person who put the item up for sale. Now obviously, some items wouldnt be able to fit in the store but they can still be sold online. Please, help me make the eBay physical store an action.

Cheers, Robert

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

@roberpierc_2 wrote:

Hello eBay users,

Don't you think it wouldd be a great idea for eBay to create a physical store?

I beleive its a great dissadvantage that eBay is purely an online store.

eBay isn't a store it's an online selling platform for buyers and sellers, basically the same as a newspaper advertising goods for sale by people, so they're not going to go down the road of opening a physical store, it simply wouldn't make sense for them to try that. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 13
Latest reply