Counterfeit/Manipulation Policies

For the past couple of months I have had one particular listing removed or ended by ebay because they say it is counterfeit or I'm manipulating search results with a certain word in the title. I have been listing this item for at least 18 months and have had no problems then all of a sudden I'm getting messages for counterfeit or manipulating policy. For a start, the item is not counterfeit, and secondly, I have not manipulated search results. Every time this happens my sales drop dramatically. Coincidence?
When I do a search on this item, literally 100's of listings of the same item come up.   
Has this happened to anyone else? I have tried to do online chat and it's useless, they just follow the ebay line.

I don't know what to do. Can anyone give me information?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Counterfeit/Manipulation Policies

A genuine Hermes twilly item costs several hundred $$$.

Are yours genuine Hermes products?

It doesn't matter if others have the same terminology - sooner or later the right holder will get to them.

Many, many terms are trademarked such as "onesie", "shabby chic", "velcro", etc, and cannot be used, even if it is part of every day language. Rights holders can be pretty vigorous in their handling of violations - definitely remove the offending wording and you'll have no issues.

On another platform I sell on, people come to the forums ALL THE TIME wondering why their listings were removed. When you go and look at what they sell, it is usually full of ripped off/trademarked items. Totally not worth it for the sake of your account.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply