Did anyone received "You’re at risk of losing your eBay Plus badge on your listings" e-mail?

Hi all,

This e-mail arrived today form eBay.

E-mail says:

"

Dear valued seller,
Based on your latest eBay Plus listing performance, you are at risk of temporarily losing the eBay Plus badge on your listings.. This is because you have not been uploading tracking for enough of your eBay Plus orders.
We want to make sure you keep your eBay Plus badge so you can continue reaching our most engaged buyers.
What You Need to Do:
Upload tracking on 95% or more of your eBay Plus orders

"

Well, pretty much all our orders have tracking, except couple that are sent with letter service.

Trying to find tracking metric in Seller Dashboard and one does not exist (if someone knows where to find it, please let me know)

OK, open a chat to eBay.

Here is from trasncript:

09:08:32 UTC
Thanks for holding . We have checked your account and everything is fine, but you have received that notice because eBay wants to help sellers reduce contacts and Item not Received (INR) claims to sellers and eBay support. Most especially that you're one of our top rated sellers.
09:08:50 UTC
We understand that some orders have no tracking, so we're not asking for 100% rate but if you could adjust your business model or shipping method, as it provides transparency and a great shipping experience for our buyers.
09:08:56 UTC \
We had exactly 0 complaints about INR
09:15:03 UTC
I can tell that this has been really difficult for you. We do have integrated tracking that can save cost for buyers and with shipping protection. Let's look at our options and find the best one.

So, it seems like a very sneaky attempt by eBay to lure sellers into using shipping bought from eBay. 

What do you think?

Rudolf

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Did anyone received "You’re at risk of losing your eBay Plus badge on your listings" e-mail?

Got a follow-up email today:

Dear valued seller,
Every now and then, because the team behind the brand is human, we make a mistake. Yesterday, you accidentally received an email regarding the tracking performance of your eBay Plus listings.
This is great news for you, because as it turns out, that's not you! Your tracking performance has been exemplary!
So we would like to take this opportunity to not only apologise for our mistake, but also congratulate you! As it turns out, you deserve a decent pat on the back for doing such a great job uploading your tracking which means there is no risk of losing the eBay Plus badge on your listings.
Thank you again for being such a great and valued seller within our eBay community.
eBay Plus Team

Rudolf

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I don't find that the badge has any benefits, TBH.

Most of my items are sent with tracking, but some are not, it just depends in a given month what is ordered.

I honestly don't let it bother me.

You don't have to use shipping from Ebay - you can certainly continue to use AP as Ebay really just wants to get a tracking number for the buyer at the end of the day.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

@hatsfromoz wrote:

So, it seems like a very sneaky attempt by eBay to lure sellers into using shipping bought from eBay. 

What do you think?

Not sneaky at all, they are just letting you know there is a method available to automate the process for you,  nothing wrong with that.

Do you remember the famous and ongoing ''Do you want fries with that''

Any business that is providing an integrated solution, and letting you know it is available to help you with what you are having problems with is a good idea.  

Personally I don't use the Ebay solution, I use Australia Posts Mypost, which also uploads tracking for you.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

@hatsfromoz wrote:

What do you think?

Not sneaky at all, they are just letting you know there is a method available to automate the process for you,  nothing wrong with that.

It is the way they do it. It is more like "You may die if you do not get our fries" 🙂

We use eParcel with AusPost. It is integrated with all our other channels and I will add eBay integration over the Xmas.

Rudolf

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Got a follow-up email today:

Dear valued seller,
Every now and then, because the team behind the brand is human, we make a mistake. Yesterday, you accidentally received an email regarding the tracking performance of your eBay Plus listings.
This is great news for you, because as it turns out, that's not you! Your tracking performance has been exemplary!
So we would like to take this opportunity to not only apologise for our mistake, but also congratulate you! As it turns out, you deserve a decent pat on the back for doing such a great job uploading your tracking which means there is no risk of losing the eBay Plus badge on your listings.
Thank you again for being such a great and valued seller within our eBay community.
eBay Plus Team

Rudolf

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

"Not sneaky at all, they are just letting you know there is a method available to automate the process for you,  nothing wrong with that."

No it wasn't.   I received I received both the notification and the apology.  The notification was little more than an attempt to bully us into using tracking which would directly result in increased fees for eBay due to the increased cost of tracking over letter mail.  Further down the notification they state

"We understand that you may be using an untracked letter to post your items today (Yes I am for virtually all my sales). However the untracked letter service isn’t a tracked or express service, both of which are required for eBay Plus."

I didn't really care if I lost eBay plus as I have it only on few eBay plus items (out of 2000+) anyway, however it was little more than a blatant attempt to gouge more fees from sellers.   And it appears even eBay finally saw that as well.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@hatsfromoz wrote:

@sugar249 wrote:

@hatsfromoz wrote:

What do you think?

It is the way they do it. It is more like "You may die if you do not get our fries" 🙂

Wow I must have missed the threat,  I would be reporting them to the police if they are threatening your life,  or you have a very thin skin, I suspect the latter

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

That is the problem with chain store fries

Bad things happen if you do not share them with ten people

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply