confusing message from seller

Hi Ebay forum.

I recently bought an item which was not delivered. I contacted Ebay and also the seller about the item, and I received this message: 

Dear customer,

Could you please close the ebay request because the ebay will automatically make a full refund within a days.
If the item are still not arrive by Friday, please let us know and we would like to make a full refund.

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

So am I going to receive a refund, or is he still going to send the item, it has 2 different options in his email.

Thank you forum.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

DO NOT close the dispute until you are satisfied with the seller's actions. You CANNOT reopen a closed case, this is a very common tactic sellers use to get out of their obligations.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Oh no, I closed it because he sent to me another email saying to cancel the request, I'm not an experienced Ebay buyer. So worst case scenario I get a refund?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

You can still open a case in PayPal if you used it to pay, and do not close it until the issue is resolved...

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, I did use Paypal,

This was the message I received by the buyer when I closed the issue:

graphometomega_0-1632372033621.png

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

As padi said, cases cannot be reopened, so it is a common tactic to convince buyers to close cases before a refund actually happens, and then they are going to ignore you if you ask "where is my refund". Luckily you can still open a case in PayPal, so you should get your money back.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Before you open a Paypal dispute which you could more easily lose, go to the link below and scroll to the bottom and use the "contact us" option then ask to speak to a representative and explain what has happened with the seller getting you to close the case, and see if they'll reopen it for you.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

OK thanks for your information forum, Ill certainly do that.

Kind regards.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

*Self edited 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I had few of those in the beginning of pandemic (as a customer). We all remember how bad post was.

I either had eBay to refund me or sellers did so on their own.

Items did eventually arrived (some few month later). At this point I contacted respective seller and organised a payment.

I know I can trust myself to do the right thing, but I would not trust others to be same.

Rudolf

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply