Ebay ... not the Seller processed the incorrect refund amount and now they can't be contacted

stuey_bay
Community Member

Totally frustrated now. Can't get past the virtual assistant. The phone number doesn't connect to a person.

The seller authorised a discount due to the wrong item being received and sent me the instructions of what they sent to ebay to process. Ebay processed what looks like the refund in USD instead of AUD so instead of getting $48.91 AUD I received $35.88 AUD.

How do I escalate past the  virtual assistant to register this query. Never buying through ebay again once this problem is fixed.! Its to hard to resolve if they have an error.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay ... not the Seller processed the incorrect refund amount and now they can't be contacted

eBay processed the refund the seller authorised. Totally down to the seller.

See ya.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

When in virtual chat/auto assist, just type talk to agent or similar.

Is the seller in the US

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I thought this as well . Seller has sent  the transaction receipt showing the correct amount in the correct currency.

However good suggestion and thank you for helping.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you for the suggestion . I've just tried that now and it takes you in a loop of ..."Are you sure I cant help let me give you some options".... then blanks out the field for you to free type till you choose one of those options.  I feel for $13.00 diff I may give up however Im lucky it was only that much that i've lost however amazing experience to see how ebay operates.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

When faced with the 'select option' I pick the one closest to my query then start the chat with " this is about ..."

I find it handy to pre type on a sticky note the info I want to get across so I can copy and paste into the chat thread.

So far this has always worked.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

stuey_bay
Community Member

Hi This has been resolved.  Successfully got past the Virtual Assistant this morning.  Ebays Customer Service was exemplary and problem was solved. The buyer had used two gift cards and the refund had been split between two as they were both part of the original transaction

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Huh? Aren't you the buyer?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

Huh? Aren't you the buyer?

I just read thru the whole thread, and I think they have a split personality,  jumping between seller and buyer.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply