Help with unknown tracking number from a prepaid envelope

So I purchased one of the aus post prepaid international envelopes and sent the item to UK and the tracking number is not even showing up when I place it in the trackers.  I have had this issue before with these international tracking numbers I think I manually put it in as the scan didnt work for it. Anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Help with unknown tracking number from a prepaid envelope

Are you entering all the digits and any numbers?

You say the scan didn't work? You mean when you lodged it at the PO counter they couldn't scan it?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Pre-paid registered post international envelopes are not trackable - they are traceable (to a degree, via internal records), and include signature on delivery, but tracking is not included.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

That is good to know. 

So the OP can't track, but will know it's been delivered by Signature (in case of a dispute)?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Aust Post told me Signature on Delivery is 'old tech' and the coding doesn't work with MyPost - and it's the same issue if it's a sig only parcel from AU, UK or elsewhere in Europs.

Tip - This works for parcels but I'm not sure about prepaid envelopes.  As a parcel moves through various checkpoints on route to its destination, Aust Post MAY get updates that you can't see.  Phone AP customer service on 13 76 78, quote the tracking number and see what they say.  It's worth a go.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply