How do I warn buyer that they are up against a shill bidder?

I have on numerous occasions told ebay that a certain vehicle seller is using shill bidders during their "no reserve" auctions.

Ebay has assured me that they have warned the seller, but then the same vehicles get relisted by the same seller after they have supposedly sold. All the seller has done has changed their user name, but still users the same shill bidders to attempt to force a bidding war on these collector cars. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How do I warn buyer that they are up against a shill bidder?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You cannot warn other members about anything.

Vehicle sales are different to normal ebay auctions.   Just because someone wins an auction they are under no obligation to finalise the sale.   If the vehicle is not as described the buyer can just walk away without paying.....and the seller will no doubt relist the vehicle.

If the buyer decides that they have bid too much for the vehicle (whether it was shilled or not) they just walk away.  No-one in their right mind would pay for a vehicle until they inspected it.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you  lyndal1838  for replying to me and answering my question. Cheers.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I have noticed a seller of clothing doing the same thing. Starts auctions at 99 cents and winning bidders are always 0 feedback. Then relists items at exobirtant prices. Is it possible to have so many multiples of the same items? Ebay does nothing. Its blatant this person is shill bidding...

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If they are shill bidding and letting the shill account win, then they are doing it all wrong. If they don't know to cancel the transaction, they are probably paying a stack in fees for nothing.

Do you have an item number for an offending listing? Don't name the seller, just an item number.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply