Re Purchase

Hi i purchased some outboard motor decals cost me about $114 on the 23rd /5/ 2019 and paid 5 minuites after purchase  i have messaged the seller 3 times and have heard nothing back even emailed his business address but nothing anything i can do as there is zero communication with him.

Thanks Birch180

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re Purchase

What do you need to know from the seller ?

The time to ask about items is before purchasing.

If the seller took a long weekend they may not be back onboard until after 9am today.

Some sellers only go on their computer 2-3 times a week.

image host
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Re Purchase

" anything i can do as there is zero communication with him."

I don't know what you can do.

I would wait patiently for the item to arrive secure in the knowledge that I know the Estimated Delivery Date & have the eBay Money Guarantee to protect me.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Re Purchase

I messaged him and said i have brought outboard decals and paid for them. just to let him know comunication is the biggest part of selling

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Re Purchase

I am not sure why you would need to do that three times?

As mentioned not all sellers are on their computer weekends

Patience is important too

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Re Purchase

The seller will be notified that you paid.....there is no need for you to spam him with numerous messages saying the same thing.

I would be worried that the seller would block me from ever purchasing from him again....and hope he does not cancel this purchase.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Re Purchase

Today is only 27th and there has been a weekend in between.  Please a bit of patience.  As stated not everyone lives on their computer 24/7. 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Re Purchase

@birch180 wrote:

I messaged him and said i have brought outboard decals and paid for them. just to let him know comunication is the biggest part of selling

What do you need to communicate to him? Did you order the wrong decals? Have you changed your mind? Apart from those reasons, you really have no need to communicate with the seller. If a buyer hounded me half to death for no reason, I'd be blocking them and cancelling the sale. I have no time for difficult buyers.

As for "communication is the biggest part of selling", I must have been doing it all wrong all these years. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought the biggest part of selling was being automatically notified that the buyer had paid, me packaging the item up adequately so it doesn't get damaged in transit, and posting within my handling time. If only I'd known it was all about the communication, I may not ever have had to even bother posting anything.

Next thing we'll be hearing that leaving feedback is just as high up there in importance as communication.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Re Purchase

@birch180 wrote:

So you are going to be ecstatic, when the seller bombards you with messages.  ( Have you got it yet)(Have you got it yet)(Do you like) (are you happy)(Do you want more) etc etc etc,  or are you going to be p--ssed off and just ignore.   Communication is great, when used for a valid reason

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Re Purchase

Yikes - less than a calendar week, and a weekend in there? Talk about a need for instant gratification...

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply