Refund wrongly issued

Hi, I recently sold an item and the package went to a wrong address. The buyer raised an issue so I sent her a new one and I have had good communication with her. The new item is on its way and I have tracking to show its nearly there. Now eBay have decided to refund the customer even though it’s on its way and I provided all this information to Ebay and to the buyer. I cannot seem to get help from them so how to I appeal this as I’m just going around in circles!!

im almost in tears as the other box has been received by someone else so now I’m well out of pocket

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Refund wrongly issued

Hi there,  Once the buyer raised a case, you have 72hrs (I think), in which to resolve the matter, so basically you have to refund the buyer, the item must be delivered before the case times out, or you need to convince the buyer to close the case.

If the matter is not resolved in time, it is auto closed in the buyers favor and a refund issued.  Ebay at their discretion can extend the case, usually when the original item still shows in transit and external delays exist..

You have 30 days in which to appeal ebays decision, but dont launch an appeal until you have proof that a replacement item has been delivered correctly, or the appeal will be auto closed.  Note you would be hoping for ebay to make a goodwill payment to you, however you may be advised to contact the buyer for repayment.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Refund wrongly issued

The main issue here is - why did the package go to the "wrong" address? If you sent to the address on record, that's all you need to do. If the buyer supplied the wrong information, that's on the buyer!

Can you provide more info?

If you have a MyPost account, I believe you can get the package redirected.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply