Seller denies responsibility

isob-7325
Community Member

I recently bought an item from eBay and after a long wait I finally received my order. However it was not what I ordered. It was similar only. After several exchanges with the seller I was asked to send pictures of the item and the tracking number so they would look into it and send me the correct item. I did this and the seller, (necessary) said that the order came from somewhere else and they could do nothing. I have not had any further responses to my continuing enquiries and there is nothing more I can do. The item came from China. The seller is in England. The order number is : 20-07897-71416. Item ID is :265082172132. 

What do some of you people think? 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Seller denies responsibility

If it is not what you ordered, you open an item not as described dispute, especially  if the seller is playing silly buggers with you

Looking at their feedback, I am not surprised they were unhelpful

If you used PayPal you have 180 days to open a dispute there

Do NOT close it if the seller tells you to/ that they can't refund/etc etc until you do

That is a lie. Follow through with the dispute 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If it is not too late, you can open a case for INAD.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

My computer is so slow today... Sorry to repeat what you said, Sandy, but the page took minutes to load...

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Stop communicating with the seller.

This seller is drop shipping from China and has terrible feedback.

Open a case for Not as Described. This puts the onus back onto the seller. If they want the item back, they will have to send you the postage to cover the return cost. Since the item came from China, it is highly unlikely they will pay for it to be shipped back at all.

The only other option in the case is for the seller is to refund.

If the seller doesn't refund after 4 days, you should be able to escalate the case.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply