Unfair treatment from eBay with regards to account

Hi all,

I started a seller account with eBay a while back. After about 2 months, I requested for an increase in the selling limits (am on 50). eBay told me they couldn't do this because 'I was not in charge of my inventory'. Basically they said I was dropshipping. This came as a HUGE surprise to me because I had never drop shipped at all. I had/have all my items on me. I even have the receipts and all for all my items. But eBay kept insisting I was dropshipping. I asked them why they kept accusing me of that, and I offered to provide them photo eveidence of ALL my inventory including receipts. They didn't want to know. All they kept saying was that I was dropshipping. Later when fulfilling an order, I realised that I had not updated one of my addresses. I had shifted houses, and I forgot to update that address on ebay. So I thought perhaps that was the problem. I rectified it, then I called/chatted with them about what I thought the problem was. They said they were going to fix the issue and said I should wait for about a month to have the system clear out. I waited. A few months later, I ask them to increase the selling limits since what I thought was the problem had been rectified. But I was surprised to get the same response of dropshipping. They said, they had escalated the issue, but I never got any positive response. It is 4 months now and my inventory is rotting in my house. I have contacted ebay endless times, and they never help. They cannot tell me why they say I'm dropshipping because 'they can not reveal how their system works'. I am really frustrated as my store stopped ranking, I no longer make sales, and I can't increase my inventory. I am thinking of shifting to another marketplace for my products and where they have better customer care and they listen to their sellers better. I am wondering if anyone has ever faced this issue, and if so, what did you do. I decided to reach out to the community before closing my ebay account for another marketplace. I can't keep paying monthly fees for a store, put in so much time and money in my listings, and only end up with unfair treatment from ebay. If anyone has been in a similar situation, please help. Regards,

Arthur M

Message 1 of 65
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Quite honestly most of your listings scream ' drop shipping '.

Get rid of the rubbish at the top - Aust Post - Australian Seller etc etc etc.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 65
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Don't know if it will help you at all, but a few years ago when opening a new store my limit was 50 and I requested an increase.

The answer I got was, 'Why? you're not using all that we've given you'.

If your limit is 50 then use that 50 - don't let the number drop.

You currently have 45 listings.

See if that works.

Message 3 of 65
Latest reply

IF anyone from eBay did indeed look at your listings they would have seen all the hallmarks of what dropshippers do all do

The 'odd' prices

The overuse of the Australia Post / express post/kangaroo spam all over the ads

And your sell name

All of those things scream dropshipping 

And many buyers would think exactly the same thing

Sorry, but if you are'nt dropshipping, your ads certainly scream differently  to everyone 

Message 4 of 65
Latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Quite honestly most of your listings scream ' drop shipping '.

Get rid of the rubbish at the top - Aust Post - Australian Seller etc etc etc.

Message 2 of 65
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Don't know if it will help you at all, but a few years ago when opening a new store my limit was 50 and I requested an increase.

The answer I got was, 'Why? you're not using all that we've given you'.

If your limit is 50 then use that 50 - don't let the number drop.

You currently have 45 listings.

See if that works.

Message 3 of 65
Latest reply

IF anyone from eBay did indeed look at your listings they would have seen all the hallmarks of what dropshippers do all do

The 'odd' prices

The overuse of the Australia Post / express post/kangaroo spam all over the ads

And your sell name

All of those things scream dropshipping 

And many buyers would think exactly the same thing

Sorry, but if you are'nt dropshipping, your ads certainly scream differently  to everyone 

Message 4 of 65
Latest reply

Thanks for your response. My listings are 45 but some have variants thus bring the total number of listing to 50. So I cant add anymore even if i tried to.Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 5.12.03 pm.png

Message 5 of 65
Latest reply

Thanks for the this

Message 6 of 65
Latest reply

Question.  How do you manage to sell Pet seat belts for $3.85 with free postage, using parcel post?

Message 7 of 65
Latest reply

my opinion......have a look at Chinese sellers, and DON'T DO WHAT THEY DO.......ditch all the Aussie stuff....otherwise you will be bypassed

Message 8 of 65
Latest reply

Thanks for this. I designed all the cover art work myself from Canva. I thought it helps to get the attention of potential buyers with. I didn't know that using these in my cover art imply dropshipping. So what would be the best? To have plain photos without any cover artwork? I'll try that and see. 

Also what is wrong with my sale name? 

As for the prices, the ebay fees forced me to put them as such. I barely make a profit on most of the items.

Thanks for the advice. Deeper insight would be appreciated, as I only recently opened the store. Thanks 

Message 9 of 65
Latest reply

Thanks for this. I thought I was simply making cover artwork. I didn't know that cover artwork is viewed as dropshipping. Thanks I will remove them and keep them basic 

Message 10 of 65
Latest reply