funds on hold. Item was local pickup

ajv00
Community Member

I sold an item, it was for local pickup.  The buyer  pre paid then picked up the item.   My funds are on hold.  apparently I needed to scan a code.  I haven't used ebay for about 3 years.    No code scanned what do i do now?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: funds on hold. Item was local pickup

Why didn't you insist on cash at pickup?

Anyway, the buyer is supposed to get an email with a QR code and 6 digit code which you then enter on the Ebay app on your phone. 

Besides all of this, are you signed up for the new Managed Payments system? There would have been emails about it, as well as banners on your selling pages. Until you are signed up and verified, your funds will remain on hold indefinitely. Once you are signed up, funds are on hold for around 20-30 days, depending on a few factors. Since your buyer has already picked up the item, you'll need to figure this all out.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

ive done this so many times, asked and told them pickup with cash only and the people still have pre paid with paypal (

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

One of the biggest sites in the world and this basic rubbish is still a problem, I once had that please scan your code on my ebay for months.  I asked support what to do and they said it should go away eventually.  No idea what you're supposed to scan.  I would get onto online support and ask them what to do.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply