??members.ebay.com.au

imwems
Community Member

Hello, can anyone advise where to find my ebay.members.com.au user name. The one with all the numbers and letters preceeding it. I am needing it for a refund from a buyer who has sent it to the wrong person. Thanks, cannot find it anywhere

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: ??members.ebay.com.au

I'm not sure I understand your question.

If it is not this account, then try signing out and signing back in with the required ID.

If it's one with numbers and letters, it sounds like a guest purchase, but you still should be able to login.

However, the seller should be able to refund regardless. They will know the ID you bought with.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I'm totally confused. They have sent a screen shot of the refund but the long ebay email address (imwems_*****6190***thc@members.ebay.com)

they have sent the refund to is not linked to my paypal account according to paypal customer service. They are fairly new at selling and are having a few issues. 

My question is--- where do I find that ebay address that applies to my account? Thx

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

That looks like eBay's email address that they use to communicate with you. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

yes, where do I find it so I can send it to seller for my refund? The seller has used someone else's and are asking me for help

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you paid with paypal all the seller needs to do is find the transaction in their paypal account and hit the button that says Refund or Reverse.

The email address you have quoted is the address that ebay has assigned to your communications and nothing to do with paypal.  You cannot receive money through it.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Hi can someone email me back I received the wrong drain hose for my LG washing machine

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

You need to do a few things

Open your own thread, instead of posting on a totally unrelated post from 2020

More importantly, you need to read the buying basics

Other members are not going to email you back, and are not responsible for what you bought

You need to first communicate with the seller

If they are not helpful, or make excuses, you need to open and follow through with an item not as described dispute (assuming you were sent the wrong one, rather than you bought the wrong one

How long ago was this?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

sandypebbles, if the poster thought they were “emailing” eBay by posting here, I truly worry about the likelihood of their reading that helpful reply. 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply