How do I restart a case "return an item" when case is closed? Seller refused pay return postage

olegau1
Community Member

The seller sent a wrong item.  I opened the case but then eBay closed it writing:

You got a refund

The seller refunded $ 185.00 to your original payment method. You will also receive a refund of $ 18.50 for your international postage charges. The case is now closed.

I paid $203.50 for the item, free postage advertised. He divided $203.50 and reported eBay that he send refund and return postage together. He misleaded eBay.  He promised me to pay the return postage but he did not. When he got the item back he stopped to respond.  I lost $80.25 for return postage.  I cannot even leave a bad feedback because the case is closed.  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

The pitfalls of buying from overseas.

You cannot open another case in eBay.

What you should have done was open a case in PayPal and sign up for their free returns.

You may not have been subsidised the full amount but at least gotten 35 or 45 back for postage, I can't remember how much it is.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I had a similar problem where some lights I bought were faulty/failed within 1 minute of use.

Seller offered only half refund not 100%.

I opened a case for return and Ebay closed it almost straight away without any contact with me. Then removed negative feedback I had left.

I paid Plus membership but that was worth nothing.

I am going to lodge complaints against Ebay and the seller with ACCC and the Office of Fair Trading.I probably will never see my money but I will let everybody know how Ebay and lying cheating sellers get on so well together.

Ebay think they are above the law and untouchable.