How do I send a seller additional funds to cover shipping, after I've already paid for the item?

How do I send a seller additional funds to cover shipping, after I've already paid for the item? I already won and paid for an item, including shipping (total $42.80) to a seller with 100% feedback.

The seller claims he couden't figure out how to increase the shipping from the $19.30 ship fee listed in the auction, and once I won the item I paid immediately. The seller messaged me through eBay noting I was supposed to wait for his adusted invoice of $35.00 shipping, instead of the $19.30 I paid, and gave me a chance to cancel the item if I wanted. I told him I was okay with paying the extra $15.00. A few days later, the seller said he was trying to figure out how to invoice me for the additional $15.00, but thus far haden't figured it out. Through eBay I obtained his Contact info and it included everything excpet his email adress, which said "N/A" where his email should be.

I figured I could just send him the extra $15.00 through PayPal as a direct-to-seller payment, but since I don't have his email, I cannot even do that. Waiting for the seller's invoice has proven to be a futile endeavor, it never came, obviously the seller still hasn't figured out how to set up an invoice once a buyer (me) has already paid for an item. The seller called and left me a lenghty message on my cell phone on July 4th, but didin't leave his email, much to my chagrin.

I texted him back on July 5th a message asking him to text or voice mail me back with his email so I could make the $15.00 payment for the extra shipping. After several days (Monday, July 15th), I phoned him with no asnwer, so I left him a cordial voice message detailing all my attempts to get his email address and for him not to worry about trying to figure out how to send an addendum to the already-paid-invoice, and that I could just send him the $15.00 directly through PayPal so long as he has access to login to that email, and that all I still needed is his email.

Well, it's been 2 days since I called him and still have not heard anything back. How do I go about sending a seller like him, extra funds to cover shipping, without an email address? I can't find any way of doing that after-the-fact, meaning after payment on the initial item has already been paid. Clearly the seller can't figure it out, nor can I. I don't want a refund, this was a good deal on an item that I'll likely not find at this price again. The problem is, if I file a complaint and escalate the item to 'eBay Buyer Protection,' for a refund, the seller will happily oblige because he can get probably more selling the item off-ebay, than what I already paid him being the top-bidder on the item.

I just want to get him the extra shipping amount paid so he has no excuse for not shipping the item, if I am stuck in catch-22, he can always say I didn't pay the extra money needed for shipping. The guy seems like a trustworthy person, based on his messages and voice mail, but still, I don't personally know the seller which leave me in a bit of a jam if I cannot pay the extra $15.00 we both agreed on. But without his email, nor an adjusted invoice from him, how am I supposed to make payment so he will ship the item?

Any advice on how a buyer is supposed to pay a seller additional funds, after initital payment has been already been paid without the seller's email, or make payment to a seller from within eBay? I can't figure it out, nor can the seller, it appears. 😞

View Entire Topic

What was the answer ?