Local pick up QR code

I've purchased an item which I will be picking up.

The eBay help article says I'll receive an email with a QR code to give to the buyer once the order has been completed.

Does anyone know when this is sent?  Is it only after payment has been made?  If so, that's a problem as the seller understandably prefers cash on pick up.

I'm not sure if the seller even knows about the code, but want to have it ready if he asks for it, but the only email I've received so far is a confirmation that I'm the winning bidder, and prompting me to pay.

Any help is appreciated, but I've already read the help articles so those links aren't needed.

Thanks for any help.

View Entire Topic

I was thinking along the same lines as twyngwyn, that completed meant paid.

But the help article is a bit ambiguous, in that it mentions cash on pick up as a payment option, but doesn't exclude the QR code for cash.

I won the auction several hours ago, and haven't received any code - will be picking up tomorrow morning - I've spoken to the seller and he hasn't mentioned the code - he's older and retired like us, so probably a bit more trusting.

I won't bother with live chat - twyngwyn's reply has confirmed what I thought, so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for the replies.