1 glass received broken out of a set of 9 purchased. What do I do

1 glass received broken out of a set of 9 purchased. What do I do?

I have asked the seller if they have any more as a replacement and the answer was no. BUT they do have another set of 6 available, t they are a smaller size and have offered a $4 discount on that set. I will have to pay an additional $45.50 (for the set & postage).

The outcome for me is I will have paid $110 in total for glasses that should have cost $64.00 but I have TWO different sets. Could anybody please advise what options are available as a buyer in this situation

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You can open a dispute for an item not as described.....you will need to return the items to the seller and will receive a full refund.

However, if you still want the glasses you could look on ebay to see if there are any odments of these glasses listed....it would be cheaper than buying another set that are not the same anyway.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You can open a dispute for an item not as described.....you will need to return the items to the seller and will receive a full refund.

However, if you still want the glasses you could look on ebay to see if there are any odments of these glasses listed....it would be cheaper than buying another set that are not the same anyway.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks lyndal1838 🙂

Thankfully the seller has found another (exactly the style & size) set available on ebay which I am willing to buy & the seller has offered a refund of $5 towards buying. Not ideal as I am out of pocket for the additional set but looking on the bright side, I will have a spare or two for any that hubby breaks 🙂

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

I would've ask for a $10 refund to either try and source the glass elsewhere yourself or use it as a set of 8,good.gif

There is no way that I would buy another set from them that's a different size and they didn't pack the first lot

secure enough).

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I would not have been happy with the seller's response.

They should firstly have asked what you would like: a full refund, a partial refund for the glass that was broken or a decent discount on another set.

I'm sorry, but if 9 glasses cost you $64 (plus postage?), then unless my maths is way out, that is more like $7 per glass, so I don't see how a 'discount of $4' on a new set is a fair deal. In fact, it is cheeky, as nowhere have I seen you mention that the seller offered you anything if you don't want another set.

Just so you know, i once bought 2 sets of 6 glasses on catch of the day & in one set, a couple of glasses were broken. I was disappointed as they were for a gift. I took photos, the site refunded me the entire cost of one of the sets and told me not to return any of them. I presume because an incomplete pack was of no use to them & you can't include the broken ones in the post anyway.

I ended up with 10 glasses. But that is what i call service. Not offering $4 discount on another set.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply go-tazz. Using as a set of 8 is not an option for our house & I have already agreed to the $5 refund. I guess by buying the newly found ones I have a spare or two for the future 🙂

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Yes, a bit lousy.  Not much of a refund.

Don't think I would purchase another set from them.

What happens if that set gets one broken in the post?

The 2nd set doesn't even match the first.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

They should have refunded whatever it'll cost you to replace that one glass, not refund pro rata for the lot. If it was a set of 9 then its value is a lot less with one missing.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply