$10 voucher

I got sent an ebay/ paypal voucher but when I tried to use it, got a message saying my paypal account doesn't match my ebay account and I did I want to pay full price instead. I only have one ebay account and paypal account so how does that work?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

$10 voucher

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Usually the email addresses have to match.

Is it an ebay voucher or a paypal voucher?   You need to read the Terms and Conditions very closely....they are always very specific and there is no room for error.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

$10 voucher

It's a paypal voucher that can only be used for an ebay purchase.

Apparently it only works if the email is the same as the one originally used to set up the paypal account.

I guess I must have changed it at some point, it's been many years, lol.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

$10 voucher

I received an email an hour ago supposedly from PayPal offering me a $10 voucher because I hadn't shopped with them for a while...funny that I had used PayPal yesterday to make a payment. Also the address it was sent from was not paypal.com but e.paypal@epaypal.com. I deleted it.
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

$10 voucher

@joyandhappinessatchannel44 wrote:

It's a paypal voucher that can only be used for an ebay purchase.

Apparently it only works if the email is the same as the one originally used to set up the paypal account.

I guess I must have changed it at some point, it's been many years, lol.

Ah, I believe the trick is that you have to be using the email address that the voucher was sent to, which essentially means that the ebay and paypal addresses need to match.   I may be wrong about that as it is a long time since I received a voucher from paypal and both my ebay and paypal accounts have the same email address anyway.

To clarify you could ring paypal on their toll free 1800 number and ask.   Vouchers have a limited life so don't leave it too long or it will expire.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

$10 voucher

@lyne-flyn wrote:
I received an email an hour ago supposedly from PayPal offering me a $10 voucher because I hadn't shopped with them for a while...funny that I had used PayPal yesterday to make a payment. Also the address it was sent from was not paypal.com but e.paypal@epaypal.com. I deleted it.

Why did you delete it? It was genuine. I received one today also, addressed to my Paypal email address, with my full name in the body of the message. besides, the email is irrelevant - you only need to enter the included code during checkout the next time you buy something through eBay and $10 will be taken off the price of the item. There is no real exposure even if it was a scam, which it isn't.

If you can't undelete or retrieve it, the code will probably be the same as mine, which is C_YOURGIFT02 and it expires on April 28. I have a couple of eBay accounts but I doubt it matters which one I use, as the email wasn't addressed to my eBay email address, but my Paypal address, meaning you can use it with any eBay account you may have.

If you're still suspicious, why not give Paypal a call on 1800 073 263 and verify with them that your email is genuine, otherwise you're effectively throwing away $10 cash, as that's what it's worth to you.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

$10 voucher

I also got one and I have saved the code in case it is genuine .... and I have my doubts.  I didn't click on anything but I did notice they want you to add their email address to your address book but it was paypal@epaypal.com - not sure about the Epaypal bit.  Just being careful.

Edited to say I would be very interested if anyone uses it successfully.

photo 214a93fa3a9e326200857a2dbc30e730_zps379416e4.jpg
Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

$10 voucher

I also received one of these vouchers, the code worked until I logged into my Paypal account to pay and I was also told my email address wasn't valid (it is and has never been changed) I rang Paypal who are investigating if it is a scam or not. The green Paypal lock symbol came up on the email so I assumed it was genuine. I am not happy with the whole scenario as I can't get answers.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

$10 voucher

Before I deleted it I forwarded the email to spoof@paypal.com. I received an email saying they are investigating whether it is genuine or not.
One would think that if it were genuine they would know straight away.
Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

$10 voucher

It worked for indigorosey. See http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Voucher-failed/m-p/1757445#U1757445 and read what she says. You may need to add and confirm your eBay-registered email address to Paypal. I've just done so and will be buying something shortly to check it out.
Message 10 of 29
Latest reply