Voucher failed

I was emailed a $10 voucher to spend on an Ebay Paypal purchase. I have a programme that puts a key beside real Ebay emails and this one had the key. I bought a swimsuit and applied the voucher. It seemed to be accepted and took the $10 off the total but when I went to do the final payment I was informed this email address is not connected to your account and asked to pay the full amount. I would not have bought the item if I had not been given the voucher but I was now forced into paying the full amount because I bought it on a "buy it now". The statement about the email address not being connected is false. It is my connected email and the voucher was sent, by Ebay, to that email address. The fine print on the voucher email says Ebay will not be responsible for failure while trying to use the voucher. I feel cheated by Ebay and want to warn others not to fall into this trap/scam/whatever it is. If it is not a scam and someone knows what I did wrong, please tell me. i would like the $10 back.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Voucher failed

The same thing has happened to me. I also received a $10 off voucher which fails on Paypal checkout stating my email address is not valid (it is)  No one at Paypal or Ebay could give me any answers. The email with the voucher shows the "secure green Paypal lock".

I feel cheated too. I now have to pay full price for the item that I only bought because of the discount. Can anyone explain if this voucher is legitimate or not.

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

Voucher failed

I have also had this issue, email appears legit and links to your ebay page I didn't have to log in as I was already logged in and it just opened a new tab, so doesn't seem suss, but does not work??

Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

Voucher failed

It worked for me - is your Paypal email the same as your eBay email? Perhaps that is the problem. I don't know if it is too late but you can add the email to your Paypal account and verify it.

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

Voucher failed

@sheilakangaroo wrote:

I was emailed a $10 voucher to spend on an Ebay Paypal purchase. I have a programme that puts a key beside real Ebay emails and this one had the key. I bought a swimsuit and applied the voucher. It seemed to be accepted and took the $10 off the total but when I went to do the final payment I was informed this email address is not connected to your account and asked to pay the full amount. I would not have bought the item if I had not been given the voucher but I was now forced into paying the full amount because I bought it on a "buy it now". The statement about the email address not being connected is false. It is my connected email and the voucher was sent, by Ebay, to that email address. The fine print on the voucher email says Ebay will not be responsible for failure while trying to use the voucher. I feel cheated by Ebay and want to warn others not to fall into this trap/scam/whatever it is. If it is not a scam and someone knows what I did wrong, please tell me. i would like the $10 back.

Yep...I got caught out awhile back and i just got another $10 offer and i just deleted it straight away.

False advertising IMO..

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

Voucher failed

I just tried to use the voucher and failed too.  The message said "This discount is not linked to this PayPal account"

I only have one email address and both Paypal and Ebay seem to have no difficulty sending emails to me on that email address so I have no idea what is going on. 

I'll keep reading here to see what happens.......

Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

Voucher failed

I got the voucher, cant use it on the ebay app due to the code having an underscore, i adked my seller to send me a invoice to my email and payed that way, the voucher worked but i still got charged total cost. Very weird.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

Voucher failed

Just got another email from PayPal apologising for the "technical issue" and saying that the voucher will be available to use  from  30 March.

We sent you an email yesterday with $10 to spend on eBay. You may have noticed that we experienced a technical issue with the voucher code that was sent to you. Donโ€™t worry, you are still eligible for the voucher, it will be available to use from 30 March 2015

So I guess I'll try again then.

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

Voucher failed

I just contacted PayPal & they got back to within minutes saying:

"We're sorry

We sent you an email yesterday with $10 to spend on eBay. You may have noticed that we experienced a technical issue with the voucher code that was sent to you. Donโ€™t worry, you are still eligible for the voucher, it will be available to use from 30 March 2015.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Looks like they goofed up somehow. We'll have to try again on 31 March 2015. Fingers crossed. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

Voucher failed

Yeah I am sure the seller will be happy to wait until the 30th !!

same happened to me today......

mines only a small purchase and I have money to pay now and I will but it is not acceptable...what if I didn't have the money in my "secret scrapbooking funds" account ...lol.....?? I would have to let hubby know I was spending more money on stamps again....hehe

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply