2021 Kia Cerata Mud Guards - Different items sent than advertised?

I recently purchased 1 x set of 4 mud/splash guards for my vehicle off eBay. 

I jacked up 1 side of the car one afternnon after receiving the package. I started on the drivers side front end, I removed the wheel prepared with a set of trim removing tools, drill and screw-gun to easily fit these 4 guards.

It became obvious quickly the lower shape/section of the guards for the front are different to my cars under body shape, positioning of holes, cutouts, flares etc.

Just completely wrong, he/she sent me different guards than advertised at the time of purchase. At best I might be able to fit 2 of the 4. But they still are the wrong shape.

The last 2 weeks I have taken endless pictures and sent to the Seller is stalling, on and on it goes, using different excuses every email, and requests for 'more pictures of car'.  Can I do this or that?  Followed by useless advie like 'just drill a hole, it will fit'. I am over the useless communication.

I did not see the 'seller does not do refunds'. OK well simply send me the guards that fit!

OK, with shipping it is under $50.00 AU.

Should I simply give up, lesson learned etc. ?

This last experience is pushing me to delete my eBay account but, I live in rural Australia and usually sellers in my experience are honest and 10 yrs of buying have been OK, with only a few rip-offs, who eventually refunded my money.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Brett L

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: 2021 Kia Cerata Mud Guards - Different items sent than advertised?

Thanks,

I have opened a ticket with eBay. Regardless of the promise to send me the new guards.  Its the first time Ive had this experience with a seller.  All my other vehicles are pre 1991.  Sellers who sell parts are pretty genuine in my experience. Our new(used) little kia cerato hatchback is common as, I did not anticipate the transaction would lead to such a miserable experience.

Anyways, spoke with eBay customer service person this afternoon and he said after hearing my story I have a case.

Feel better already...

Regards,

Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

I assume you have opened an item not as described dispute? Cease all contact with the seller. They will promise you the world so the dispute times out. As soon as the option appears (I think it's 4-5 days), if the seller hasn't refunded, ask ebay to step in and help. You do that via the dispute, you don't need to actually contact ebay directly. They will close the dispute in your favour and the seller will get a strike on their account.

Never ever accept an offer of a refund, especially from a Chinese seller with very dodgy feedback. Refund only. Chinese are notorious for offering to resend, so disputes time out. They get to keep the money, you lose. 

Please keep us updated.

Edited to add: my Cerato Sport hatchback is a 2018 model. I think from memory they were about $160 supply and fit. I was happy to pay it because I knew they would fit the car. Yes, I did look on ebay, but chose to go genuine in the end.

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

A new package of 4 different mudguards has been posted from China.

Au post is tracking the number.

Seller assures me these will fit my car.

We will see.  I wanted to give him the chance to fix this.

And it appears he or she is trying.

Package should arrive late this week or early next  week. 

Regards

Message 23 of 32
Latest reply

You have 21 days from the time you opened the dispute to escalate the case.

If you don’t escalate by then, you can’t ask eBay to step in.

Disputes automatically close after that time as well. If it closes automatically, you’ll receive no refund; once closed, the dispute can’t be reopened.

I hope you’re on top of the timeframes. In my view, the seller may have told you another lot’s on the way in order to delay you. 

Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

You may be one of the lucky few

But you just need to read any of the many, many threads on the forum here to see this is a very common tactic of similar sellers who will say anything to string buyers along until it is too late for them to do anything when nothing is solved

I do hope you seller is an ' exception to the rule'

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

@bretlazdin_0 wrote:

A new package of 4 different mudguards has been posted from China.

Au post is tracking the number.

Seller assures me these will fit my car.

We will see.  I wanted to give him the chance to fix this.

And it appears he or she is trying.

Package should arrive late this week or early next  week. 

Regards

Hang on,  how is Australia Post tracking an item from china for you.

There is one born every day, but good luck anyhow.  

Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

on day 29 (of original purchase) I would lodge an INAD claim, regardless

Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

Hang on,  how is Australia Post tracking an item from china for you.

They have a joint venture with China Post Sugar.

https://auspost.com.au/business/shipping/international-shipping/logistics-in-china

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

hi padi0409,

the seller emailed me re above post. seller provided the package TN - asked me to wait 36 hrs for it to become active in their au post shipping account (it took 52 hrs).

according to au post tracking, my package was received on 10 Nov, cleared customs and awaiting departure on 11 Nov.

next update depends, could be 'package has left china' and or 'has arrived in au'

point is replacement guards have been sent.

to your question: 'how is au post tracking a item from china for you'?  I do not know, maybe they use the internet.

regards

for another ebay community member re 'buy genuine guards' - Ive tried that and cost is about $160.00 and there is a 3-4 month wait for the guards to be sent from Korea

Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

@bretlazdin_0 wrote:

........next update depends, could be 'package has left china' and or 'has arrived in au'

point is replacement guards have been sent.

You don't know that because you have no idea what may be in the parcel.

to your question: 'how is au post tracking a item from china for you'?  I do not know, maybe they use the internet.

Answered in my previous post.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 30 of 32
Latest reply