2021 Kia Cerata Mud Guards - Different items sent than advertised?

I recently purchased 1 x set of 4 mud/splash guards for my vehicle off eBay. 

I jacked up 1 side of the car one afternnon after receiving the package. I started on the drivers side front end, I removed the wheel prepared with a set of trim removing tools, drill and screw-gun to easily fit these 4 guards.

It became obvious quickly the lower shape/section of the guards for the front are different to my cars under body shape, positioning of holes, cutouts, flares etc.

Just completely wrong, he/she sent me different guards than advertised at the time of purchase. At best I might be able to fit 2 of the 4. But they still are the wrong shape.

The last 2 weeks I have taken endless pictures and sent to the Seller is stalling, on and on it goes, using different excuses every email, and requests for 'more pictures of car'.  Can I do this or that?  Followed by useless advie like 'just drill a hole, it will fit'. I am over the useless communication.

I did not see the 'seller does not do refunds'. OK well simply send me the guards that fit!

OK, with shipping it is under $50.00 AU.

Should I simply give up, lesson learned etc. ?

This last experience is pushing me to delete my eBay account but, I live in rural Australia and usually sellers in my experience are honest and 10 yrs of buying have been OK, with only a few rip-offs, who eventually refunded my money.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Brett L

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Any ideas?

Why are you still playing games with this seller?

Open an item not as described dispute and follow through with it before it is too late

The seller does not get to 'not refund' if the item you bought is not what you were sent

No returns/refunds is for change of mind only

Otherwise the seller does not get a say in it

And the seller pays return shipping for item not as described, not the buyer

And last but not least, avoid buying from sellers in China with horrid, horrid feedback like this one

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Stop communicating with the seller.

Read here -

eBay Money Back Guarantee policy | eBay

Do not close the case no matter what the seller says.

Once closed you cannot open it again.

They must send you the postage money if they want the item back.

Or refund you in full without return.

Only close once you have received a full refund.

Stay on top of the case and don't let it time out or ebay will close in the seller's favour and you will lose your money.

When the case allows, ask ebay to step in.

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

Do what the others have said as far as opening an item not as described dispute. 

Me personally, I got my mud guards for my Kia Cerato from the local Kia dealership where I bought the car. They weren't overly expensive and they fitted them while I waited. 

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

This seller is trying to delay you. Once it gets past the 30 day mark after you received those mudguards, th ebay money back guarantee disappears.

Don't let that happen. Do as others have said-open an ebay claim today for item not as described.

Follow through. Get a refund.

Seller has to pay for return postage if he wants them back too. Don't let him tell you any different. And he has to pay that upfront before you post.

As somewone else said-the no refund statement, whether on ebay or in a shop, only applies to change of mind, not to faulty items or if the wrong item is supplied.

All this talk of drill here and there... you've contacted him, you've taken pictures. No more communication, no fiddling with the item, just open a claim now.

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy.

Don't you realise there is a thriving trade between democratic South Korea and Communist China?

After all SK pays 3rd world wages.

rofl.gif

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Subaru wanted over $200 for 2 floormats for my car. So I went to Supercheap and got a pair for $34. I have to install them myself though.

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

Thank you for your words of support.  this has been such a strange interaction with this seller. Seller has been constantly offering solutions. Until I made it clear I know how to install 4 pieces of plastic.

Seller message today - 4 new guards will be posted today if I agree to try 1 more time. Seller believes they now understand the prior fitment issue and want to resolve this problem without dispute.

On eBay Seller has over 98% sales approval, since 2013.

I will give it 48 hrs more to post parts. 

If nothing than I will take the transaction history to eBay disputes.

Reason: last time I 'opened a ticket' with eBay it dragged on for ever. 

The seller's ad claims they sell from Victoria!

Thank you.

Regards

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

Thank you imastawka.

Re: I have not let this go. When I received the parts it took me 10 days to attempt to install them. But, since then I have been constantly in contact with Seller, sending over 16 approx. photos, Car make and moedel, VIN number. We are back and forth every few days.

As I just replied to another. Seller is offering to post me a new 4 part pack of guards in order to fix this 'non-fitting issue'

I just accepted, we will see what happend in the next 2 days.

And yes, I have a chain of emails to/from seller describing, explaining. 

Simply I feel I have tried much as possible to make a solutionfor us both.

See what happens.

Have not closed this transaction.

Regards

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

I would not let them drag it out any longer until you run out of time to be covered by eBay's money back guarantee. 

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply