$300 Item not sent - ebay forces refund - then item arrives weeks later now what.

A pain of a seller perhaps trying perhaps to do a fraud - asked Auspost to cancel MY lost item claim for my purchase, and block me from getting updates, and then redirected the $300 monitor back to them - Unfortunately the post office messed up told the seller they would, but then sends the item to me anyhow and notfies me of all the details  (all on record, and why ebay gave me the refund as the seller would not)  - now 4 weeks later the monitor arrives at my local post office to be collected. What would you do. I was refunded by Ebay not the seller but dont want to be a total  dick, even though the seller was. I note seller does not leave comments for buyers until after they leave them feedback and has a few complaints for doing dodgy things I missed. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

$300 Item not sent - ebay forces refund - then item arrives weeks later now what.

I'd go into the PO and show them all the messages and get them to send the monitor back to the seller, and perhaps give you the tracking for the return.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Even though your heading says the item was not sent, it obviously was  and I assume that while the item has been delayed in transit,

you have claimed the item as not received.  While you have rerceived a refund via ebay, the money is from the seller not ebay and the item is rightfully owned by the seller not you,  I assume that is why the seller has attempted to have the item redirected back to them.

You know what you have to do and do not need anyone here to tell you.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

A pain of a seller perhaps trying perhaps to do a fraud

So they send it, you don't receive in the timeframe you expect (COVID spoiler), you get your money back, and you now have the item.

Where is fraud involved in this - unless you don't send the item back or refund the refund? In which case it is unlikely to be the seller committing fraud.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

If you don't collect it, isn't it automatically returned to the sender after a certain time?

I don't know for sure, but have always assumed this is what happens. You could ask the PO  to see what they say.

That would take care of it. if it is just automatically returned to the seller.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

You are right Springy....uncollected mail gets returned to the sender after 2 weeks.  If it is an overseas sender it is sent by the cheapest method possible...on the slow boat to China as they say.  It can take months for the item to get back to the seller.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If you claim the item after having been refunded, you're the one committing fraud...

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply