7-pack item changes to 5-pack in checkout!

Hi folks,

I almost got tricked - I landed on this page via Google, but when I added the 7-pack item to my cart, it magically became a 5-pack item:

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/CURAPROX-CS-5460-Ultra-Soft-Toothbrush-Dental-Curaden-Swiss-7-Pack/1402672...

Seller says they have never sold 7-packs and the problem is not at their end. But there seems to be something very fishy going on. So how do I alert eBay and get eBay to take down the shonky 7-pack page so that no-one is defrauded?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You're right, that is a very misleading ad by ebay. They are naming that seller too, so they can't just claim it is a generic ad, showing the overall lowest price.

I feel sorry for the seller as their ad is perfectly clear, they have done nothing wrong by the sounds of it. I thought at first maybe it was from an old listing but if they have never sold a 7 pack, then it is quite puzzling. They look like a very reliable seller to me and there would be no reason to doubt their word.

I'd just ring ebay and show them your link, then ask them to click on it to the actual ad.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks springyzone. I contacted ebay chat and they will report it to their technical team to check why the misleading ad is still showing.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Strange. It's as if someone counted the number of toothbrushes in the first photo to determine the quantity for the ad.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Looks a little like a bait n switch ad with the seller playing dumb.

Oh, I am becoming cynical in years. Smiley Frustrated

image host
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I don't know, I am only seeing a 5 pack for the above toothbrush just now

Unless they made a typo (intentional or otherwise) and rather than admit they made a mistake just passed the buck?

*Edit*  Oooooooooooooooh, searched via Google

Might explain it, seeing how other posts have said searching Via Google brings up not how it is on the actual eBay page

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Yep, it's one of those stupid composite ads with a title that's made up of the keywords in several different listings. You have to click on See Details to get to the actual listings.

Whoever thought this up needs to get the sack. It must be causing a lot of bad blood between buyers and sellers.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Hi,

I'm that seller!

I had nothing to do with this ad. It's a composite ad generated from google. We sell around 2000 of these every month.

I don't need to risk my stores cred with one dodgy listing. Can you imagine the emails I'd get? I get hundreds regarding our products now, let alone if we were dodgy.

Thanks anyways

Steve

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Hi,

I'm that seller!

I had nothing to do with this ad. It's a composite ad generated from google. We sell around 2000 of these every month.

I don't need to risk my stores cred with one dodgy listing. Can you imagine the emails I'd get? I get hundreds regarding our products now, let alone if we were dodgy.

Thanks anyways

Steve

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I agree. Pain in the butt. It's come up a few times and makes my store look dodgy. Nice way for repaying me the thousansds of dollars I spend keeping the eBay store open.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply