A bad experience with Global Shipping which caught me unaware.

Well, I haven't been here for a while and I wasn't going to come back but sadly a distasteful experience that both the seller and I have tried to rectify stll lurks.

Prior to bidding, I contacted a U.K. based seller about an item he was selling. The auction said nothing about Global Shipping and some past bad experiences , plus listening to the many horror stories about Global Shipping / Pitney makes me stay away from those auctions unless I can get seller to close auction and re-start with normal AirMal postage.

Anyway, seller had item at GBP 14.56 (approx. AU $23.99 for Express Postage to Australia. Contacted seller and he got back to me and said he can do it for GBP 4.75, (approx AU $7.82775 for normal AirMal). Well folks, you don't need to be a mathemetician to know that seller can do it for one third. Cool !!!!! I though!!!. I'll take 4 items and with combined postage, I doubt if I would pay any more than say GBP 9.50 aka AU $16. Most likely less than that.

Well, it wasn't to be. Apparently seller cannot combine postage and system insists that he send each item individually via their Global Shipping programme and says he can't offer combined. Well, he's not happy about it and guess how I feel!

So if they were to be sent individually, would I have to pay 4 x GBP 14.56?. Well that would be GBP 58.24 ???? In Aust dollars that's $95.94. Surely that can't be right, paying $95 in postage for something that would normally cost me around $14 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if this wasn't the case and I only paid a 3rd of that, as is uusually the case with small items, I'm paying 3 times too much.

What a damned nightmare! Anyway, the seller and I are stuck. He wants to work with me but there are other issues as well. It never ends.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

A bad experience with Global Shipping which caught me unaware.

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Maybe the seller can cancel the sales (using buyer changed mind) and make a special listing for you, combining the items.

And as for the GSP, I thought I had put it out there on how to ask sellers, nicely,

if they would opt out of the programme?

You can't combine items with the GSP.  This opt out is for the US, but I suspect that it will work for the UK as well.  Copy and send to your seller.

GSPoptout.JPG

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply