A bit of a conundrum...

Hey all!

I bought a dress a while ago from an overseas seller and after not receiving it for almost a month, I finally opened an Item Not Recieved case. The seller quickly refunded my money and I promptly forgot about the item.

But then a week later I received the dress. The quality is absolutely atrocious, the sewing is falling to pieces, it looks nothing like the pictures in the listing (that's what I get for falling for pretty stock photos), and it isn't even from the country advertised.

But now I don't know what to do...I want to warn other potential buyers by giving the seller Neutral feedback because the dress is, well let's be honest, absolutely horrid!  But is it ok to do this after receiving a full refund?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: A bit of a conundrum...

I wouldn't. It would alert the seller to the fact that you received the item for starters.

You got your money back.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Email the seller and tell them the dress has finally arrived but as you no longer require it you are happy to return it on receipt of $xx for the return postage.

Or just use it as a dish rag/floor cloth and move on.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Hi OP,

We had a garment made by well know Australian designer, Made in Australia that was totally badly made (finished).

Similar to what you were describing, threads inside (and outside) comming out, they didn't bother to cut off the ends from overlocking, hem was hanging by the skin of it's teeth - that sort of thing.

We all thought customer was going to be totally disgusted with it - but no - she thought it was beautiful!

So don't leave any f/back (but if you must it should be a glowing positive thanking them for a timelly refund), no need to "warn other customers" about anything as most of them either wouldn't read it or take any notice of it - or strongly disagree with your opinion.

Exactly the same with customers here, someone whinghes like hell, isn't happy, leaves horrible f/back, gets a refund,  we relist it and the next person leaves glowing f/back. Go figure.

Cheers, January.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply