A search for a specific item results in multiple items that are not suitable coming up

I searched for a "commodore VE 6 speed automatic service kit" and the results are populated with kits for a "4 speed" to suit a commodore and kits for other types of cars. These additional results aren't under headings of "international" or "matching fewer words". The only flagging I can find is "sponsored".

Can I ask Ebay to keep a search limited to the search item and let the potential buyer widen the net if they so choose?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

A search for a specific item results in multiple items that are not suitable coming up

You can contact them and ask them

But they won't

You might need to be more specific , or use the options on the left side of the page

Or word your search another way

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Hi Mr Pebbles

I take your point but my complaint related to my search being quite specific but the Ebay search results identified many items that were not as specific as me.

I'll watch results in the future and see what part I played in the search results.

Thanks for taking the time to respond

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

my complaint related to my search being quite specific but the Ebay search results identified many items that were not as specific as me

If your description of your search keywords in your original post is accurate, your search was not as specific as you intended.

You asked eBay to provide a list of results that contained all of your individual keywords, and results that contained both V6 and 4-speed keywords would match your stated search criteria.

If you want only 6-speed results, you need to search for 6-speed (one word) rather than 6 speed (two words). The latter will match any title with both words in any order. The former will match 6 speed or 6-speed or 6+speed, but will not match v6 4-speed or v6 4 speed.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&&_nkw=commodore+VE+6-speed+automatic+service+kit&_sacat...

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply