ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO ACTUALLY CONTACT PAYPAL BY PHONE OR EMAIL?

Bought something internationally that was totally faulty from the get-go. Took photos showing faults of item & seller agreed that it would be too pricey to return so they would replace by sending me another. Waited, waited, waited 5 weeks, no replacement. Went to PayPal to make a claim for return of my money. Went through the claim process, PP agreed the claim as soon as I send proof that I returned the item. The item cost $45 to buy & to return it is $54 by OzPost, not really a fiscally valid exercise.

There is nowhere for direct contact on the PayPal site, none of the quadrazillion dropdowns have a direct contact to explain to a human (hopefully) what my problem is. I now have only 4 days left to comply or the claim is wiped. I phoned PayPal contact number & after 12 minutes of gibberish, switching from one button pushing program robot to another there is no actual way to get some human (?? Are there any humans working with PayPal?) Further annoyance is that the emails to me from PayPal state that there is no reply service from that email address.

Probably I can go to my bank & have them reverse the payment because it was via credit card but as far as PayPal being a guaranteed safe payment method it is totally untrue (a lie).

Anyway if somebody has a number to call direct could you please post it here, then I could ring & at least express my total disappointment. I had one many years ago, well before eBay took PayPal over & there was some sort of service. Back then they would even ring as a customer service to see if you were happy with it.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

found this one : 1800 073 263 (toll free)

and this one:   +61 2 8223 9500

6am to 10pm AEST Monday to Friday

8am to 7pm AEST Saturday and Sunday

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

You go to your PP account, scroll to the bottom and click on contact us, on the next page you click on Call Us and you will be given the number to call and the code to enter on request.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you use the 1800 number it is an Australian Free Call number but it takes you direct to paypal in the USA...you will be answered by a real person and they are usually most helpful.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I have called them a few times and been put through to a call center in Ireland. On each occasion they were extremely helpful.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

You can email them directly with your PP number as the header & explain clearly that cost of returning is cost prohibitive.It helps to also provide a link to Australia Post website re sending parcels using international tracking.It also helps to put the actual cost in writing along with the link.

Paypal CAN give you a discretionary refund-been there done that.

As others have said,its very easy to speak with a 'real human being' & they are always helpful.

You choose the option re Is this about a current claim.

Here's the email addy if you want it

complaint-response@paypal.com

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for all your help guys. I did ring the AU number & as I said it resulted in 12 minutes of button pushing but I'll now try the 1800 one & also email as suggested. Thanks again, have fun.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is no point in ringing the AU number with the +61 in front of it.....you have to pay for an international phone call.  If you use the 1800 number it is free....and no button pushing except for the 4 digit number that you are given when you access the number.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I am afraid that you will find your bank will also require that you return the item.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

If anyone has reached here for the same reason, The following is from a PayPal updates post...

"We are clarifying that our contact number 1800 073 263 can only be called from an Australian landline.

Our other contact number +61 8223 9500 can still be reached via mobile phones."

Note the bit about the 1800 number being only available from Australian landline numbers.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply