Account suspened !

I'm  a casual user on Ebay but recently had my account suspened for 7 days !  I was intersested in a vintage car advertisied for $30,000 so I contacted the seller (who was located  a few klms away ) I wanted to inspect the vechicle before commiting $30K....  thought that was resonable .I was sent a contact number  but decieded not to go ahead. 2 weeks later i get an account suspension siteing a policy violation . There are lots of sellers listing ther contact details in their adds especially Parts and Accesories e.g complete cars advertised for wrecking  for $1 but read the descripotion and it for 1 WHEEL  NUT !   .Double standards ?    Ebays lost me  as far I'm concerned just do my shopping elsewhere

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Account suspened !

Ebay is getting overly paranoid and suspending anyone who they think even hints at doing deals off Ebay. It is a growing problem and many people have innocently been caught out over the past month or two, if one party makes the mistake of asking for details then both get suspended even though it is no fault of the other party.

Yes, it is stupid but we really can't do anything about it. The only way to get a sellers contact details is to buy the item then inspect.

Latest reply

Account suspened !

That is the policy they have in place and anyone who sends details before a sale is made will be suspended

Yes, it stinks but that is their rule which they enforce dues to their own greed and fear they might lose fees if people 'sell of ebay'  (idiotic as that is)

The anchor stores are allowed to display contact details (so I have read) but then the pay hundreds a month to advertise so I suppose ebay figure what the heck

Ebay are'nt going to care either way

As I say, I don't agree and I think it stinks but that is how it is 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Account suspened !

Welcome to eBay paranoia. If the seller replied to you, they would have copped 7 days in the slammer too. EBay are so extremely paranoid these days (probably drug related paranoia) that a transaction is going to be taken off eBay, they aren't allowing any contact details whatsoever through. Sometimes even an innocent message is getting people slapped. The bots picked up your details and decided you were definitely going to buy off eBay, so slammed you.

The ONLY way around it is to hit the buy button. Even then it's not guaranteed. The issue with that is, ebay have forced a lot of sellers into immediate payment, so just to be able to go and look at something, like you wanted to do, means you have to buy and pay. Then if you decide you don't want it, the seller then has to cancel and refund. They have lost the plot big time over this.

As for putting contact details in the listings, that is against eBay law too (apparently), so if they get caught, they'll get slapped.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Account suspened !

Yes, it's idiocy at work. I understand exactly why they're doing it, but they're doing it wrong.

I listed a car about six weeks ago ($3000, not $30,000!) - my listing strongly advised prospective buyers to come and check it over first. Almost all vehicle listings do. And I had several responses, wanting a contact mobile number so they could get the address and arrange a time. 

Under eBay's new policy, I'd have copped a spanking. And so would the prospective buyer. Result - selle loses sale, buyer misses item Lose-lose.

Just plain stupid - they've done a knee-jerk reaction, and implemented the policy without considering the effects...

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Account suspened !

If you didn't want to inspect a nearby car before bidding or buying at $30,000, you'd need your head read.

Buy elsewhere for sure, where you can arrange to view with no worries. Ebay isn't the place for those sorts of purchases any more.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Account suspened !

Ebay - caring, sharing, understanding. Maybe not quite so "undertanding", more "uncomprehending"...

eBay FBook.jpg

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Account suspened !

Every time I have complained on FB they have posted the exact same message, I really don't think they actually look, it is just to placate people.

Latest reply

Account suspened !

I just messaged a seller asking them if they have more of the same items I'd just bought and if so whether they'd do a custom listing for me with combined postage.

I hope the robots don't see that as a policy violation. After the trouble I've had recently with OS sellers there's no way I buy without 3 levels of coverage.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply