Action needed to pay Pay within 4 days to avoid an unpaid item case against you . **bleep** is with that

Action needed to pay within 4 days to avoid unpaid case against you. Seller wont respond with pick up details . 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Action needed to pay Pay within 4 days to avoid an unpaid item case against you . **bleep** is with that

I would probably pay with PayPal to avoid the unpaid.

The seller will then be forced to action.

Either let you pick up or refund, then you can leave less than positive feedback if the seller is non performing.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Item was listed as cash on pick up only

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If a seller opened an unpaid case against me with zero explanation, I would pay via PayPal to avoid a strike on my account.

I wouldn't want a strike on my account as 2 strikes would mean not being able to bid or buy from sellers with blocks in place.

If seller no longer has the item or didn't get enough for it he should have cancelled it rather than opening an unpaid item case.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@davidj8616 wrote:

Item was listed as cash on pick up only

Unless it's a car or similar, the seller has to offer a 'safe' payment method. Paypal or (no longer supported) credit card facility.

One non-payment strike in a year won't affect you. Two or more could, but that depends on how often sellers open NPBs against you.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@davidj8616,

Is it possible that you contacted the seller pre-sale requesting the address details or other contact details?

If that's the case, the seller may well have been sanctioned by eBay and be temporarily unable to receive or respond to any messages.

If an unpaid item case is opened against you, you have 4 days within which to act. You could therefore wait until three days have passed in that case, and pay then, in order to give the seller the benefit of the doubt.

You could phone eBay in the meantime and nicely discuss the fact that you've not received any communication from the seller... and ask, if you wait it out and don't pay via PayPal, to have the unpaid item strike removed on the grounds that the seller has not responded to your attempts to obtain pickup address details so that you could go and pay cash on pickup (as offered in the listing - and perfectly acceptable for a pickup item). If this is your preferred action, use eBay's "Have us call you" option, which is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated. Phoning eBay yourself tends anecdotally to get you a lower-rung rep.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply