Advice needed.

Hi. I bought and paid for a lego set recently, from seller  h********.  However, the post has been taken down by ebay, presumably as it's probably a scam. The seller emailed me to say it has been posted, but I am extremely wary about emailing her back.  What should I do next?  Wait for it in the hope it may come, or go through paypal for my money back?  (It was only $30, but that's not the point). Thanks, Maxine

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Advice needed.

You have nothing to lose by waiting a while for it to arrive.   How long has it been so far?

Under the new ebay protection scheme, you have at least 30 days to file a dispute if nothing happens, in which case you will get your money back.

@chennel1 wrote:

Hi. I bought and paid for a lego set recently, from seller  h********.  However, the post has been taken down by ebay, presumably as it's probably a scam. The seller emailed me to say it has been posted, but I am extremely wary about emailing her back.  What should I do next?  Wait for it in the hope it may come, or go through paypal for my money back?  (It was only $30, but that's not the point). Thanks, Maxine

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Advice needed.

Hi

Dont panic yet I had this happen prior to Christmas and the item arrived without problem.

Give it a few days...Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Advice needed.

@chennel1 wrote:

Hi. I bought and paid for a lego set recently, from seller  h********.  However, the post has been taken down by ebay, presumably as it's probably a scam. 

There are a lot of reasons eBay will remove a listing from the site, and not all of them are because the listing is fraudulent. Sometimes it's a relatively simple matter of wording in the listing that eBay don't like, or the seller being a little late in paying their fees, but eBay will never share the reason why the listing was removed.

The seller contacting you to provide at least some reassurance the item is on the way is a decent sign, lots of scammers (if not all of them) wouldn't bother. 

If the item doesn't arrive in a reasonable time, or if it does and it's not as described, you can dispute the transaction either via eBay or PayPal. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Advice needed.

I know a local lady in Vic who sells kids things including lego, but her ID starts with e** & then the 'h', I'm presuming it's not her, as she seems very good at what she does even tho she is not well.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply