After paying for tickets,seller contacted me on ebay saying that I will recieve tickets on email

mirzba-0
Community Member

I have bought 2 taronga zoo tickets on 23rd June 2020 for Saturday 27th June 2020. After paying, seller contacted me on ebay saying that i will receive tickets on email but i haven't received an email yet and now seller is not replying anymore. Tickets need to be booked in for a specific date on which you will visit so they will be of no use if the date has already passed.

I was trying to submit a refund on ebay but couldnt as the estimated delivery date is 30th June 2020 and ebay is not allowing me open a case before the estimated delivery date.

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

After paying for tickets,seller contacted me on ebay saying that I will recieve tickets on email

Have you checked your junk mail folder in your emails ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Yes... many times. 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Have you contacted the seller to make sure she emailed it to the correct email address (no typos)?

Is your email address in the PayPal account you used to pay up to date?

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I was in contact with the seller on ebay and did recive couple of seller's messages on ebay. But, seller is not replying anymore and i dont have much time left as the visiting day is tomorrow (27-06-2020).

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Why would you buy tickets on Ebay? You would have been better buying tickets direct. Oh let me guess, heavily discounted? 

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Nope!!Not heavily discounted. I never bought anything from ebay before so thought to buy it from here this time.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Go to the zoo as normal and then once you are able to open a case for Item Not Received in a few days, then do so.

You can also contact Paypal to ask where you stand - their customer service has been quite good the few times I've had to call in.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@mirzba-0 wrote:

Nope!!Not heavily discounted. I never bought anything from ebay before so thought to buy it from here this time.

Okay. The problem with buying tickets or game codes etc., where they email your purchase, is I there are unfortunately scammers who take the money and don't deliver (or email) and I don't think you're covered by the buyer money back guarantee for these kind of purchases because I guess it's impossible for Ebay to police. I'm sorry if that has happened to you. In future I would advise only buying physical items on here. You could try to contact Ebay via live chat and certainly report the seller if you don't get the tickets

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Go to the zoo as normal and then once you are able to open a case for Item Not Received in a few days, then do so.

You can also contact Paypal to ask where you stand - their customer service has been quite good the few times I've had to call in.

You can't call paypal atm the call centre is closed

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply