Afterpay payment was rejected

so i made a purchase & used Afterpay for payment purely because there's a $10 off voucher for using it for the first time on Ebay. I got a msg from Ebay a few hours later saying it was rejected 'Sorry, your recent payment for the item(s) below did not go through. Please return to eBay to send your payment again. '

i was not a signed up Afterpay member before going thru checkout, i filled out my details including credit card in there. Could that be the reason or maybe my credit rating? i think its ok but i haven't checked it in years.

Ebay live help is closed & cannot find a contact on the Afterpay page that is for that topic. I noticed the item is not even in my Ebay purchase history either.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe you need to sign up to AfterPay first and wait until you get the confirmation from them that you're registered. Sometimes you get sent a confirmation link that you click and that verifies your email etc.

Then try again.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Maybe you need to sign up to AfterPay first and wait until you get the confirmation from them that you're registered. Sometimes you get sent a confirmation link that you click and that verifies your email etc.

Then try again.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Afterpay did send me a verification txt msg, so yeah i dunno. I might try joining the website, or i might just pay $10 more for the item lol

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

I think that sometimes some of the third party add ons that Ebay allows can be glitchy, although it may also come down to basic stuff like certain browsers,  ios or just software upgrades that stop things from working properly.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

anyone know a direct link to live help please? im going around in circles because when i click on buying, paying for items it sends me looking in my purchase history, but its not there because Afterpay cancelled my payment, its sitting in my cart now,

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Scroll to the bottom of that page and use the "contact us" link.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

yes i've done that already, thats when it sends me around in circles

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

2 options then Barney.

1. Choose a different topic on the help page and use that (it's all the same CS reps anyway), then ask to speak to a supervisor when it lets you.

2. Try purchasing the item from your cart using Afterpay, maybe it'll go through now.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Afterpay Terms and Conditions. Use of Afterpay on eBay is subject to purchase eligibility and Afterpay approval. Afterpay Terms and Conditions apply.

Try having a look at the T&Cs and see if you can find out why your payment didn't go through.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

ok i found it, i think it wasn't there last night because live chat was closed as it was midnight or so.

i would read the T&C but as usual they are ridiculously long, i'd be sitting here all day lol

i've contacted Afterpay as ebay chat said it happens alot but they have no control over it....

thanks all!

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply