An item I purchased is not as described and I cant contact the seller what can I do

An item I purchased is not as described and I cant contact the seller what can I do

I dont want to open a dispute just yet but ebay wont send my messages to the seller

keeps telling me unable to send message at this time or something like that

any help would be great

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Friday afternoon/evenings are ebays maintenance times and often there are technical issues. Maybe try later or tomorrow morning .

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

eBay messages aren't working at the moment. Try again when the weekly maintenance is finished, usually by 7pm.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Friday afternoon/evenings are ebays maintenance times and often there are technical issues. Maybe try later or tomorrow morning .

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I am not sure why if you cannot contact the seller you do not just open a Paypal dispute, I presume that is how they paid? That will either elicit a response or Paypal will find in your favour once you escalate to a claim.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

เฒ _เฒ 

Are you seriously suggesting that the buyer open a PayPal dispute instead of waiting an hour or so until the eBay messaging system comes back to life?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Depends when they purchased and when they sent the message.

We can all assume anything we like, and answer accordingly, but in the absence of real information by the OP any guess is probably as good as any other.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Depends when they purchased and when they sent the message.

We can all assume anything we like, and answer accordingly, but in the absence of real information by the OP any guess is probably as good as any other.

I dont want to open a dispute just yet but ebay wont send my messages to the seller

keeps telling me unable to send message at this time 

Bolded info is both rather specific and seems real enough, and enough to base the (IMO) sound advice of waiting for a bit and trying again without making any assumptions about anything.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Depending on whether the message was attempted last week or today.

Assumption is the mother of all stuff-ups.

Unfortunately OPs tend not to return with clarification, so usually we are talking hypotheticals.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Ok.... context clues are henceforth non-existant. Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply