Any post delays from Germany?

Hello all hoping for some insight here.  Parcel from Germany hasnt yet arrived.  Ebay says max delivery time 21st March.  Seller has no neg feedback for non delivery. All 100% positive.  I really dont want to open a case if I can help it, How long have I got to open a case with Ebay only please?  Since Paypal split from Ebay Id prefer not to have to deal with Paypal. Wondered if others have experienced delayed parcels from Germany of late.  Thankyou

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you pay with paypal?   If you did not you are not eligible to get a refund through ebay anyway.

If you did pay with paypal it is the easiest and quickest way for a non receipt claim.

The ebay system is best for item not as described.

If you still want to do an ebay disute you have 30 days after the last estimated delivery date which you say was the 21st March.

You have 180 days for paypal.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal and thanks. Looks like I only have a couple of days to open a case with Ebay. Yes I paid with Paypal. Parcel was sent DHL International no tracking number that I can tell.   Last time I had to deal with Paypal I was done by a scammer with a hijacked listing yet Paypal said I had no case.  

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Because you had one uunresolved claim with Paypal (which you could probably have won in the end if you had come here) dooesn't mean it is not much the best avenue for an item not received case. You can still make an ebay claim if you are within the tiime and if for any reason you are unsuccessful you can then open a Paypal case up to 180 days after payment has been made.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

DHL handles the German Postal system.  Have you checked at your local post office on the offchance that it is there?

Good luck with the ebay claim....they can be very slow.

Why were you not eligible for a paypal claim on the other transaction?  Did you ask for help on the boards...many of the responders are experts on how to get paypal to pay up.  lol

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Hi PJ and Lyndal the delivery method states DHL International but I dont know why I would have to check with my PO re that as Ive bought many times from o'seas and never had an undelivered parcel due to a certain delivery method from the seller's country if that's what you mean.  The previous Paypal case I think I may have fudged myself somehow as when I received a notice from Ebay that the listing had been removed ie hijacked account according to Paypal I should wait till the delivery estimate time had passed as I should still receive my item.  Of course that was a joke as all messages to seller were ignored. I was one of many who got done. As it was a scam listing I didnt wait I went for a claim straight away and no matter what I did through the resolution process was told I didnt have a case. I tried Ebay as well but no joy.  It was all confusing me to be honest. I have cervical spondylosis (arthritus of the neck) and find many days I have trouble concentrating to any degree and even what should be simple is challenging. It is probable I slipped up in any event. An Ebay claim is far more straightforward imo.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I have to say I think you are right....you somehow made a mistake in the claim.   When you are notified that ebay has removed an item for whatever reason you should never wait more than a week or so in the hopes that the item will arrive.....they almost never do.

You should have just opened the claim in paypal and escalated it as soon as the system allowed.  You would have had your refund very quickly if it was a highjacked account.   In the case of a hijacked account you will never get a reply from the seller as the real owner of the account has never had anything to do with you.

I can't imagine why paypal would tell you you had no case but if you opened that first then you cannot open an ebay dispute later.  But you can go the paypal route if an ebay dispute fails.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you that an ebay dispute is easier but good luck with it.

DHL is the German Postal system which is why I suggested asking at your local post office on the offchance it has been left there.  It is a lot simpler to check first.  If the seller has proof of posting (and he well might if DHL was used) then you will not get a refund anyway.

In this case you have more chance of a refund from paypal.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Yes Lyndal with the scam listing I made a claim through Paypal pretty much straight away but got nowwhere, Maybe I missed doing the escalation process thinking I had done everything I needed too but hadn't.  Thanks for the info on DHL. Im sure the seller will have proof of sending the item and I don't think for a minute he hasn't anyway,  Ive always had parcels arrive from Germany no problem just concerned some light fingered louie has made off with my parcel if it is untracked or just slow on DHL's part and/or customs delays that's why I don't want to worry the seller at this point.  I will  leave making a claim for now as you say Ive got much longer time with Paypal to claim.. Hopefully I won't have to and it arrives shortly but if not if I can come in here and  have someone walk me through doing a Paypal claim in case I stuff it up doing it myself I would greatly appreciate it.   I will let you know if the parcel arrives before I need to start the resolution process,   I have a gut feeling  it's just some shipping/customs delay. 

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

The escalation part of the process tends to get missed very easily.   That is where you ask paypal to step in and give you the refund.  Initially you are just in contact with the seller.

In ebay it is the same.   The initial contact is with the seller and if you don't get any satisfaction you ask ebay to step in and help.

If you do go the paypal route come back here and someone will be around to help you.  Just be very sure to keep within the time frame that you are given....a minute over the time and you can forget your refund.  Both ebay and paypal are fanatical about that.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks heaps Lyndal for all your input and PJ your thoughts too,  Yes that's it alright I didn't get to the part where you have to actually ask Paypal to step in and the timeframe expired on me after that.  If I have to make a claim I will come in here first and ask for help. I only need to be having an off day and I will miss something again otherwise. Thanks very much for your time and help here.  I always appreciate the generosity of members like yourself who give of themselves to help other members like myself who are faced with a problem . All the best to you. 

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply