Wheres the justifcation in postage these days?

Anyone noticed the postage cost for some items that are being sold at all?

Noticed a few items ive looked at, Postage is between $15-$25 for some items.

Wheres the logic in it?

Are they just trying to save $$ from the Paypal fees?

One of Ebay's "Notorious" original wack jobs!
Rarely Seen, Rarely Heard, Im silent, you wont ever know im there!
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

yes
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Whilst it really depends on what the item is, post from Aus is really expensive. If I want to send just one of my items overseas in a regular large envelope, it costs a minumim of $8.00. The moment I add tracking onto it, it turns into a parcel and the cost goes to $23.00+, which is outrageous.

If you have a specific item in mind, share the item number here so we can have a look.

You can't save any money by charging more for postage anyway as Ebay takes a cut from the combined item and postage cost.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I agree it's pretty low only $15-$25

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

If they are inflating the price of what the postage and appropriate packing actually costs, they are obviously fogetting ebay charge 10% of the postage fee. So a bit silly really 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I know $15 is a biit low for an item over 500g even without signature required but I add the couple of bucks more in packaging materials and my time into the item price so buyers think they are getting a bargain.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I don't know the particular ads you're looking at but it is going to depend on exactly what Aust Post would charge for postage/container/tracking for those items.

It's probably dearer than you think.

Also, some people assume only the exact postage cost should be charged and if it is a cent over, it is a rip off. If the item is in a box or includes bubble wrap, labels etc, all that costs money too.

If there is a particular item you like, why not hop on the AustPost website and make a rough calculation for yourself-making sure you allow for tracking or signature etc and a little for any extras such as the box. If the seller's price is way out, then just don't bid.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply