Anybody else have issues with seller?

Please beware of seller

I purchased x2 Meteor Shower Falling Star/Rain Drop/Icicle Snow Fall LED Xmas Tree String Light back on October 21st 2014, on behalf of a relative out of goodwill for his Christmas decorations for his home. US $100.10 incl postage for these.

Didn't receive the goods til 29th November 2014, after being told it would only take 2weeks. Anyway, goods received were in very poor, poor condition. both sets of lights received were faulty or damaged. So out of the 2x 8lights (16lights) only half of them were going.

I immediately contacted the seller with photos taken of the damaged goods. he then asked for more photos of the packaging, which I then provided him. I thought I was being reasonable and just requested for x1 set of replacement lights. He said that was fine and would arrange for replacement set to be sent. He said please allow for 2-4 weeks delivery as there cna be delays during the busy chrismas period. Which I thought was fine. 

Now what is the date now... the 8th Feb 2015, and I still have not received anything. Even sending another message to seller advising still haven't seen anything, wasn't able to provide tracking details (unlike the original purchase where he was able to) and sent a message back on the 14th January, apologising (again, as numerous times previously) saying it has only been sent so please allow for 2-4weeks. I have messaged again and have had no response.

Another thing to top it, was after receiving the original damaged purchase I wanted to leave a negative feedback, then he requested me to please alter my feedback so it reflected a good purchase. So I did, because he had ensured me that it was resolved with him sending me a replacement product, which I am still yet to received.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER! He is a Con and has ripped me off.. and no doubt probably a few others.

I am in process of arranging his account to be suspended.

Regards, disappointed ripped-off buyer

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

How are you arranging for his account to be suspended?    Good luck with that!!

If every seller was suspended for stringing a gullible buyer along past the time for a dispute to be opened then we would have a lot less sellers on ebay, especially from China.....they are experts at that tactic.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@5woodensteps2014 wrote:

Please beware of seller

I purchased x2 Meteor Shower Falling Star/Rain Drop/Icicle Snow Fall LED Xmas Tree String Light back on October 21st 2014, on behalf of a relative out of goodwill for his Christmas decorations for his home. US $100.10 incl postage for these.

Didn't receive the goods til 29th November 2014, after being told it would only take 2weeks. Anyway, goods received were in very poor, poor condition. both sets of lights received were faulty or damaged. So out of the 2x 8lights (16lights) only half of them were going.

I immediately contacted the seller with photos taken of the damaged goods. he then asked for more photos of the packaging, which I then provided him. I thought I was being reasonable and just requested for x1 set of replacement lights. He said that was fine and would arrange for replacement set to be sent. He said please allow for 2-4 weeks delivery as there cna be delays during the busy chrismas period. Which I thought was fine. 

Now what is the date now... the 8th Feb 2015, and I still have not received anything. Even sending another message to seller advising still haven't seen anything, wasn't able to provide tracking details (unlike the original purchase where he was able to) and sent a message back on the 14th January, apologising (again, as numerous times previously) saying it has only been sent so please allow for 2-4weeks. I have messaged again and have had no response.

Another thing to top it, was after receiving the original damaged purchase I wanted to leave a negative feedback, then he requested me to please alter my feedback so it reflected a good purchase. So I did, because he had ensured me that it was resolved with him sending me a replacement product, which I am still yet to received.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER! He is a Con and has ripped me off.. and no doubt probably a few others.

I am in process of arranging his account to be suspended.

Regards, disappointed ripped-off buyer

As lyndal mentioned. Good luck with having the acc suspended. You are Pushing **bleep**up hill, so to speak. Unfortunately, you fell for an old trick. + the Sellers ID will be removed shortly.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Buy Australian, not rubbish.

Even if items are made in China and bought locally, the QC here is much better.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

In future, you can open INAD dispute and go from there.

But as others have said, buy local wherever you can. So many advantages:

1. Shipping time and cost

2. Au sellers will be AU compatible AC standard

3. Supporting Au business

4. In case of replacement, time is considerably faster...so you won't be strung out past the claim time.

Most important - Go to the Site Map at the bottom of every page and learn all you can about buying and the procedures to follow should you come up against a problem such as this.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Well, That's what ebay said if they were not adhering to the sellers terms and conditions. But yeah Good Luck is indeed needed!
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply