Anyone noticed sellers of Chinese items using Aramex (Fast Way) with really long delivery times?

Many of the items I'd order from overseas (mainly China) are available from sellers  located in Australia but they're using Aramex / Fast Way couriers. While they say they're in Sydney / Melbourne etc the items take 10-12 days to be delivered. There's an obvious pattern where you place the order and Aramex don't receive it for almost a week then it eventually goes onboard for delivery and many sellers of these items are doing this atm. They also make sure there's an extended period of estimated delivery so you can't do anything about it.

If I order something within Australia, I expect good turn around times but this is getting silly.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Anyone noticed sellers of Chinese items using Aramex (Fast Way) with really long delivery times?

As you have admitted, the items have long delivery times. If that doesn't ring a bell, especially after repeated instances, I have no answer.

I have no answer. If you buy cheap Chinese junk, you get cheap Chinese junk. From China.

Check where the buyers are registered. One click. Stop chasing the lowest price, which generally means you don't get a Rolls-Royce at a Holden price. Or accept that you buy cheap, you get cheap, eventually.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Re: Anyone noticed sellers of Chinese items using Aramex (Fast Way) with really long delivery times?

na$co
Community Member

I think you'll find these sellers are shipping direct from China. They use expedited shipping via a 3rd party and when it arrives in about 3 to 5 days from China they offload to the local courier (in this case Aramex) but it can be any carrier Toll, Australia Post or whatever.  There  are massive Chinese re-label warehouses where all the parcel imports are distributed here in Australia. I get parcels all the time with a label over a label.

There is that much **bleep** coming into Australia from China that complete "freight only" jets land everyday.

When you see "Tracking Number Provided" or "Shipping Information Received" or similar and it takes days for the next update to tracking  it probably means it's not in Australia yet!

That said, there are also massive warehouses full of Chinese stock that can get to you faster. The problem is you cannot pick which seller really have the stock here and those who are drop shipping from China via expedited shipping. The price tag is the best indicator! Ask the seller for the truthful answer and if they lie leave appropriate feedback.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Does it really matter as long as you get your items?

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

21/06/2021 late at night looking for a Quad band Amateur Radio antenna, found one on Amazon in America put it in my shopping cart, found one on Ebay Australia, put it in my shopping cart!

Being very late and tired, I bought both, the one from Kentucky in America arrived on 25/06/2021 4 days!

The one from Sydney 40 kilometers from me arrived by Aramex on 05/06/2021, 14 days Padstow to St Marys.

This is disgusting and Ebay needs to stick it up the sellers, item listed as being in Australia but I feel it was in China when I ordered it!

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

My latest purchase, Melbourne 08/07/2021 evening arriving today 12/07/2021 via Direct Freight Express!

Wonderful Melbourne to Sydney faster than across Sydney!

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Jun 29, 2021, 17:50 GMT+12

Hi, thank you for your recent online enquiry. Our records indicate that the physical consignment has not yet entered into the Aramex network. Accordingly, we are unable to proceed further with this matter at this time. Please contact the sender of this consignment for further assistance

Kind regards,
Aramex Sydney

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

The item arriving 16 days before you ordered is excellent service.😀

Not sure if feedback on eBay is a way to express your prejudice.

Have you considered looking at feedback to see where a seller is registered?

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Item location misrepresentation has been going on for years and now the accepted norm of Chinese sellers using freight consolidation by a 4PL (forth party logistics) carrier.  It helps getting cheaper goods delivered faster than using China Post which could take months instead of weeks.

If you want it faster, buy local and pay a higher price.  Cheap does not = fast.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/SCAM-Chinese-sellers-misrepresenting-item-location-Equick/m-...

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Aramex Couriers, formally Fastway Couriers voted the absolute worst Courier service in Australia, I mean it is amazing they are still in business considering their delivery drivers are useless, incompetent, lazy and stupid....and that is their good points.

All I can say about that Courier service is I hope if I am ever in need of an organ transplant that they aren't the ones delivering it.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply