Anyway to use second chance offer without immediate payment?

Am pretty sure the answer will be no but thought I'd ask anyway.  When accepting a second chance offer is there a way to purchase the item without immediate payment?  I'm asking because I sometimes make multiple purchases from one seller. Each item has a separate shipping charge but when I when the auction the item goes into my cart and the seller issues an invoice at a later date with combined shipping. Every now and then I get a second chance offer.  Would be great if I could accept and the item is added to the cart along with the other purchased items but fr some stupid reason EBay has decided you must make immediate payment including the additional postage charge when you accept the offer. The seller then has to issue refunds for the postage. Even the seller reckons it's a pathetic system . Any way around it?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Not really much you can do about it. Ebay has forced many sellers into immediate payment, even when they haven't selected that option. I am one of those. I have both buy it now items and auction. The buy it now items are forced to pay immediately even though I don't have the box ticked.

It makes it hard when I do offer combined shipping. It gets even more difficult when a buyer uses the auction, but then buys a buy it now too. They could win several auctions and I'm able to send an invoice, but if they then decide to add a buy it now too, they are forced to pay for that item separately.

I haven't been selling that long, but have been buying for years. It's been quite a few years since I've been offered a second chance offer, but wasn't forced to pay immediately back then. It wouldn't surprise me if that has changed in that time.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Bummer.  Seems like EBay is playing Big Brother yet again.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply